£15 Computer ...

Soldato
Loving that Cotton Candy by FXi! The lady in the video states they expect it to be available by December for under $200.

39374857.png

Dual core 1.2Ghz Cortex-A9
1GB of RAM (upgradeable)
Up to 64GB storage via microSD
2.1 Bluetooth
b/g/n WiFi
Power via USB (and also connection to other devices, I assume this will be achieved via an external hub)
3.1 HDMI with audio

That's a seriously impressive piece of packaging right there!

Soldato
By the way, the first batch is probably going to sell out in minutes, perhaps even seconds.
I am going to be running a webscript that will notify me when the website changes, it's going to be the only way of getting one. 10k are being produced with over 40k people on the newslist and many hundreds of thousands more who want one.
They are going to have to run some bullet proof server for when it launches.

Soldato
By the way, the first batch is probably going to sell out in minutes, perhaps even seconds.
I am going to be running a webscript that will notify me when the website changes, it's going to be the only way of getting one. 10k are being produced with over 40k people on the newslist and many hundreds of thousands more who want one.
They are going to have to run some bullet proof server for when it launches.

I thought the first run was 100,000?

Associate
i'm going to wait and see what interesting projects spring up before considering buying one.
if it makes for a cheap media player then i could see it being a good Christmas present.

Man of Honour
Unfortnetly can't run iTunes, Zune or Netflix.

Still hoping I can get my hands on FXI cotton candy when devloper models come out in the next ~month. Running android so can use Netflix app and should have no problem streaming other content as its dual core/1GB ram.

Soldato
Tahts far to much effort for me. I'm firmly in digital age. Can't wait for drm to be scrapped though. Surly it will go the way of mp3s just a matter of time.

Maybe though, drm is stupid as it only hurts legit users. Also netflix etc don't always have the best quality. It's a shame that these companies can't just get rid of drm as they could be integrated with xbmc.

Back
Top Bottom