• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1600 vs 1600x

Associate
Hello guys,

Any advice on the above Ryzen CPU's. I have ordered a bundle with the 1600 stock, but worried it may be limiting as im not really confident in overclocking myself. The 1600x has a higher clock speed for around £40.00 more, I have already ordered a after market cooler so the cost of that isnt an issue.
I tried to keep to a low budget but feel this may have gimped me alittle.

Soldato
There will be minimal gimpage between the 1600 and 1600x. Trying to keep to a budget, the 1600 is perfect.

Overclocking confidence is gained through reading and experience. Everyone started knowing nothing at all, and no idea where to start.

Soldato
Not at all, the 1600, and 1600X if you are going to overclock them yourself are essentially the same chip. You should easily be able to get 3.8GHz from all the cores, without adding too much voltage if any extra at all. It's also really easy with most boards, it's changing two settings, maybe three depending on the UEFI config.

Don't panic, it'll still be great. :)

Soldato
1600 in my testing totally the same potential as 1600X. Buy the cheaper and invest the money saved in a better board.

The lord hath spoken! And lo, over the coming winter, OCUK did have dozens of unshiftable 1600X's and required regular sales to be rid of stock.

Joking, we love that you tell us the truth even when you're recommending the cheaper component :)

Soldato
Just picked up a 1600 myself. Didn't see any reason to get the 1600X, especially since the 1600 comes with a cooler which I'll need due to NZXT's uselessness supplying AM4 brackets :rage:

Back
Top Bottom