• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1650 super

Associate
Hi All,
I'm building my boy a pc, with the gpu issues at the moment is it worth spending £300 on a 1650 super or should I wait and see what happens in the new year, I have a old 560ti to put in it for now he only plays WOW at the moment as he mostly is a console player do you think the 560ti will cut it until i can get a better card at a normal price

Cheers

Associate
OP
1650 super is definitely not worth £300. I know its hard at the moment but shop around some more.
That's what I was thinking but its the only card I can find that fits the budget the old 560ti should run wow ok for now.

hopefully this GPU madness will start getting back to normal next year

Soldato
I think 560ti will struggle though. I've just looked and seen 750ti 2nd hand for £90 or a 1050 for £160 which might be an alternative and at least you can go into said store and collect it/view it and its easy to return if there is an issue.

Soldato
1650 is not worth the current prices unfortunately but don't write it off as it actually runs games at 1080 quite well.

Surprised me when I installed one in a system I'm building for a friend for his kid. He wanted to play Fortnite at 1080 and it actually was playable at 2560x1440.

We are spoilt by DX12 games at high res but modest gaming at 1080 with DX11 is fine.

Associate
For £130 more you can almost get twice the performance. While the rx6600 is a rip off currently, it still looks like good value vs some of these nvidia crazy prices.

Associate
It's possible there'll be another FE drop - they seem to be arriving in Europe - you could possibly snag a 3060ti for £360 then if the stars align - sign up to the telegram alerts

Associate
OP
Cheers for the reply's guys ill have a look around at 2nd hand for now and possibly get a new card when all this crazy stops (if it stops)

Cheers

Associate
Personally second hand i don't think is viable if you're looking at a good few £100s as it's too close to the rx6600 price. Waiting for the budget lines to hit from AMD, Nvidia and Intel is a good idea if possible, but could be a few to several months still.

Soldato
Set up alerts and try for an RTX 3060ti FE / 3070FE, any AIB made or used card will be overpriced and not really worth it unless your really desperate or plan to crypto mine some of the cash back.

Back
Top Bottom