1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

17" TFT recommendations

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Captain Kirk, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Captain Kirk

Hitman

My parents want to buy my sister a TFT for her bday. I've said I'll look into it, but i need some help.
    Looking to spend around £150 (max please). Doesn't need to be too special, she's a teacher so she doesn't play any games.
    16ms response max I think. Colour isn't a problem either.
    Cheers for the advice everyone

2. Baddass

Don

take your pic of any of the 17" models you see in the OcUK section which you like the looks /. features / price of. The 17" market is pretty stagnant now and all models are pretty similar.

3. Sanzy

Banned

Just Curious why 16ms max response?

4. Captain Kirk

Hitman

no particular reason. But she does watch the occassional film etc, so wouldn't want any ghosting or blurring

5. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

you'll be hard to find a TFT now with higher than 16ms, most the ones out now are 8ms.

6. Baddass

Don

i think he meant a lower than 16ms response time. As Raymond Lin has said, you'd be hard pressed to find a model which has a slower than 12ms response time now anyway

7. Captain Kirk

Hitman

Yeah, sorry. My wording was a bit confusing. I haven't looked at TFT's for a while due to mine being awesome. Thanks for the responses though. So no specific recommendations on the model?

8. Baddass

Don

well not really. just find one you like the looks of. Samsung, Viewsonic, LG, Hyundai, all good makes really.