• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1800xt bios flash = GOOD

Associate
hello all,

after lots of tinkering,my build is now finally complete. I've strapped a waterchill block onto my 1800xt and flashed it with the PE bios, and its running happily at 715 / 800 speeds. The temp, after looping 3dmark for 7 hours levelled out at 66 degrees and when coupled with my opty 165 @ 2.6ghz, i'm getting an '05 score of 10215, and a '06 score of 5054.

I'm chuffed, because i was stuck at the 9900 - 9950 '05 score, but now have broke the 10k barrier with quite a bit more too. Happy days..

So yeah, the point of this post is, if youve got a decent cooler for your 1800xt and its the newer card layout with 6 mosfets, then IMO flash away. My temps only went up by 2 degrees by doing it.

Chow

Associate
I want to break the 10k barrier too :( . I get around 9850 now with default pe speed and x2 [email protected]. The scored increased about 300 points from 6.1 to 6.2, so I might break it in a few months if drivers keep improving :)

Associate
OP
have u done the flash though.. it changes memory settings too apparently so maybe thats *** causes the increase. Plus the overdrive program lets u go to a silly 5000 on the core after the flash is done so overclocking is a doddle!

Associate
cmsbfent said:
have u done the flash though.. it changes memory settings too apparently so maybe thats *** causes the increase. Plus the overdrive program lets u go to a silly 5000 on the core after the flash is done so overclocking is a doddle!

Yeah I've flashed with the PE bios. I'm not going to bother to overclock it further though, as it reaches 85c and I don't need more power. So hopefully I will be able to break 10k barrier withouht further overclocking, just improved drivers. :)

Permabanned
i thought all the x1800xt boards came from ati then the companys put their stickers on then sell em like that? thats why so many can use the bios ?? just make sure you have the 6 mosfets. you can always flash back if you have any probs, just make sure you save the current bios with the flash utility before you flash it.

Soldato
I believe there is a restriction on the gecube, possibly mosfets, maybe only has 5 i dont know!

Anyways my card clocks easily to 750core and was at 80c when CC was testing it up to 803 core :S was scary so i stopped CCC cos it was just goin up lol

Associate
ive flashed mine and run some tests,but even at 770/700 voltage at 1.4, i still have to overclock my cpu to 2.8 get me 10000 marks.Is some thing wrong here?Seems a bit low. Something ive missed maybe.Ill work it out :confused:

EDIT: thanks to the info and reinstalling cats a bit. 6.2 drivers not completely installed properly.but ive managed 9860 3d marks on x1800xt=>PE with 700/700. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom