Man of Honour
OP
Count me in! :) Does anyone know if one account on the Switch has online paid for then the others can use it too?

I don't think so, I think that's the intended use of this family plan.

How would this work with purchases? Do you need a separate account for the family group? I have two accounts on my switch, mines linked to a Nintendo account and my daughter's isn't.

You keep your account and all your purchases, you just get online access through being linked to mine. I agree that it's not a great service, but the online member discounts should return that £4 in savings on game purchases and I get to continue playing online.

Man of Honour
OP
For all 4 email addresses that I have received, I have added you to the family group.

Please check your emails (Nintendo account email address, not your OcUK trust address) and click on the link within 24 hours. I have done it this way as there is a short window to accept and I would like everyone to already be in the group when I purchase the family plan.

Anyone who doesn't accept within the 24 hours will get another invite sent out tomorrow.

Man of Honour
OP
I'll setup the online subscription once everyone is in the family group. I'll keep an eye on the bank transfers but I won't wait for them all before setting it all up.

Man of Honour
OP
I will purchase the subscription and activate everyone's account tomorrow.

When the Splatoon 2 outfit codes arrive I will send them to everyone via trust.

Man of Honour
OP
Nice, I wasn't able to test if it was working so I'm glad it does.

I'll check all bank transfers tomorrow, but I'm sure it's all good.

Man of Honour
OP
No worries! I wonder if Nintendo will put a stop to this somehow in the future?

They might do. That's why I think it's best to revisit it in a year rather than commit now to renewing.

They shouldn't stop any active subscriptions though, but if they do I will refund everyone.

Back
Top Bottom