£18k car suggestions?

Soldato
Hi

I currently lease a 2019 octavia vrs 245 that's due to go back in about 9 months.

I've got no idea what to replace with so I'm looking for suggestions!

I'm looking for a auto petrol similar sized car/boot size and similar performance (0-60 under 7s) and decent tech. I do about 3500 miles a year (mpg not a concern) and have a 5 year old so want a 4 door. Can I get something not too old (5 years or less) in this kind of budget?

Also don't want another octavia. Just fancy something different.

Soldato
Hi

I currently lease a 2019 octavia vrs 245 that's due to go back in about 9 months.

I've got no idea what to replace with so I'm looking for suggestions!

I'm looking for a auto petrol similar sized car/boot size and similar performance (0-60 under 7s) and decent tech. I do about 3500 miles a year (mpg not a concern) and have a 5 year old so want a 4 door. Can I get something not too old (5 years or less) in this kind of budget?

Also don't want another octavia. Just fancy something different.

Why not just keep the octavia?

Soldato
In the market now, £18k probably wouldn't even buy an older version of your currently leased car, unless you went high mileage.

In 9 months time? Who knows? It might be even worse because you still can't buy new cars and even a 2010 vRS will be worth £18k by then or the entire market might have crashed because everyone realised how much money they were wasting and a 2019 vRS is now worth a packet of Space Raiders.

I think it would be fair to suggest an £18k budget means a downgrade is on the cards, either in spec or age/mileage etc.

Soldato
OP
You can extend leases, I extended the BMW we had for a year previously as we had not decided what we wanted to do.

I was considering enquiring about an extension but just fancied something different.

I've been unable to find anything else to lease that is similar for the price I pay. Currently £285 pm on a 1+36 including maintenance.

Permabanned
I was considering enquiring about an extension but just fancied something different.

I've been unable to find anything else to lease that is similar for the price I pay. Currently £285 pm on a 1+36 including maintenance.

Yeah everything seems to have gone up a fair bit. We had a cheap Astra for 2 years, Astra Elite Nav, was quite nice for a cheapish car, it was around £160 a month, similar model/lease now is £280!

Coupled with the shortages/actually getting hold of a new car.

Soldato
Do extensions tend to lower the monthly or do you just continue as is?

Anecdotally i've seen people post about this in vRS owners groups - some have been offered reduced payments, some have been offered the same payments, some have been offered increased payments.

It's likely to depend entirely on the particular company and their current plans.

They may well currently feel that taking the vehicle back and flogging it at inflated prices means it's not worth leasing to you for another year at the same or reduced cost even if they would have done last year.

Man of Honour
This is a very tough one because you want Octavia sized boot from an Octavia sized car that isn't an Octavia, and there aren't many of those around especially not petrol autos with that level of performance.
The only options I can think of are a Golf R Estate or a Leon Cupra ST, around 5 years old.

Back
Top Bottom