19" hanns-g problem

Permabanned
my widescreen 19" hanns-g is being a bit dodgy with me.

It keeps going dark for a second, then turning back on, then goes dark again and so on ranging from 2 to 5 times randomly. At first i thought it was my graphics card doing it but i have replaced it since. Now its started doing it again. Im using it with DVI and have tried the DVI settings in the ATI control panel.

havnt yet tried the monitor with vga as i dont have a cable for it

Associate
does it only do it in windows or at bios as well? can you bring the lcd menu up on the screen when its out? Trying to determine if it the screen or the pc

Permabanned
OP
when im browsin the net or playing a game or whatever, the screen freezes as if the pc has crashed for rougly half a second, then the monitor goes dark, when it comes back on the mouse will either work again or it will stay frozen before the monitor blanks again.

if i move the mouse while the monitor has blanked, when it "unblanks" the mouse will be at the position i moved it to, which gives me the idea it isnt the pc. Plus i have formatted since this prob started + upgraded the gc

im crap at explaining things like this!

Associate
i think i have the same problem as you SameSuspect...i cant work out what it is either...

I've used 2 different DVI cables and it still happens but when im on the Xbox via VGA, it doesnt seem to happen at all...

:(

Associate
It could be the SMPS. I've repaired all three of mine each with identical problems. It's also reported across the net as 'clicking' which is actually the internal microprocessor repeatedly cycling the power supply. The capacitors inside dry out and either go dead short or don't function at all. It'll cost you about £5 to do, and takes about an hour. Try not to kill yourself!! :D ;)

The images below are clickable.

These images are on the 2nd page : Old Computers The other images are just to confuse everyone!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom