19" tft advice

Associate
im looking to upgrade my old 15"dell tft to a nice new 19" tft, I really have no idea which manufacture would be best,ive tryed reading some review but ive just ended up more confused :), so i thought i d ask u guys.I have a budget of around £200 -£250 and i will be mainly using it for gaming and CAD work but i do also wotch DVD's on it so a good viewing angle would be prefreable. now im quite a tall guy so i realy need some good hight adjustment aswell. thanks for any help u can give me :)

Associate
Samsung SM-913N 19" would be a good choice and fits the bill bar the height adjustment but you can change the angle of the screen.

Man of Honour
for the budget, you won't get any screens with truly wide viewing angles, you'll have to settle for TN Film based panels. The 913N is a good chocie, but lacking in height adjustment. You could look at the Hyundai L90D+ based on the same panel as the 913N anyway and a good price. Would be a good choice for gaming, and doesn't sacrifice the movie playback as much as the "faster" 4ms, 3ms etc range using heavy doses of overdrive

Associate
have you enabled clear type? makes a big diffence with these screens. I think the default is off, it's in the appearance tab on display proporties - click on effects.

Last edited:
Associate
Download the clear type tuner from power toys, it puts an Icon in your control panel and allows you to fine tune your clear type to 6 or more settings. Excellent little application that I've used with my last two TFT monitors, really does make a difference over the standard one. :)
Microsoft clear type tuner

Associate
Badass - What did you mean by "faster"? The implication being that they ain't. Also looking to upgrade to faster monitor than my 18" Compaq 8030. any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Man of Honour
simon_xazza said:
Badass - What did you mean by "faster"? The implication being that they ain't. Also looking to upgrade to faster monitor than my 18" Compaq 8030. any help would be appreciated

Cheers

sorry, i didn't mean it in that sense, just that they are referred to as the "faster" generation really.

Back
Top Bottom