2.1 speakers, £100 range?

Associate
Hi all,

In middle of speccing a new build here and need to add some speakers to it.
I don't have space for a set of full size speakers, so would like a reasonable 2.1 set. To be used mostly for gaming, but also for playing some music, needs a decent low end bass.

My budget is around £100.

Options?

Soldato
Harmon Kardon Soundsticks III, are a popular choice for £100. They do look rather funky, but they are very good apparently. There are a whole pile of reviews and comments for you to look at. If you'd rather something less funky looking, I probably suggest something by Edifier or Microlab. They are not as well known and don't have that many reviews, but most people that have bought their speakers have been pleased with them.

Permabanned
I have the soundsticks III and while they're good for music and games they do lack a bit of midrange I like to hear when listening to rock/metal music.

Just something to bear in mind.

Associate
OP
Agree :)

Thought they justified the small extra spend; they look like a nice little set.

Will post back what I think once my box of goodies arrives tuesday

Associate
hi snakefood.
i use them mainly for gaming,probably 80% gaming i'd say.
i listen to a lot of old 50's Rockabilly music as i actually play upright slap bass in a Rockabilly band,but i have a very varied musical taste including Roxy Music,Chic & loads of old classic rock,Led Zep',Deep Purple etc.
but whatever i play it sounds mega through the S330D's,i'm sure you'll love them to bits,they are the clearest sounding speakers i've ever heard on pc & infact i've not heard many hifi's that sound better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom