£2,500 on a pc and £700 on a monitor - best combo?

Soldato
A family member is looking to get a pre built pc, they want to get the best possible gaming rig they can for £2,500 and want to spend no more than £700 on a monitor. Obviously can adjust the prices around a bit as I’m not sure if he would benefit from a massive spec if the monitor isn’t good enough. It will be purely for gaming, the person doesn’t know much about pcs and just wants to go and put everything on ultra and game.

Forgot to add intel and nvidis are the preference and a monitor around 34”+ with gsync.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
wait until 7/7 now with Ryzen 3 coming.
Hi mate can I ask how come? In terms of cost changes etc? Time isn't really on our side, not trying to get sympathy for the person but they have cancer and have been given about anywhere from 6 months to a year to live so want to experience some decent gaming as their 5 year old rig isn't doing too well.

Soldato
So £3200 total? Switch £200 to the budget for your monitor and get the Acer Nitro 4k. Other than that, a RTX 2080 Ti to drive it, 16 GB RAM, an 8 core CPU and they're set.

Soldato
OP
So £3200 total? Switch £200 to the budget for your monitor and get the Acer Nitro 4k. Other than that, a RTX 2080 Ti to drive it, 16 GB RAM, an 8 core CPU and they're set.
Great, thank you very much for that. I will take a look.

Soldato
Hi mate can I ask how come? In terms of cost changes etc? Time isn't really on our side, not trying to get sympathy for the person but they have cancer and have been given about anywhere from 6 months to a year to live so want to experience some decent gaming as their 5 year old rig isn't doing too well.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that information. In that case a month does matter. As above, 9900k, 16GB of DDR4 (3000Mhz/3200Mhz), a nice 1TB SSD and a 2080Ti and they will be set.

Soldato
OP
Sorry, I wasn't aware of that information. In that case a month does matter. As above, 9900k, 16GB of DDR4 (3000Mhz/3200Mhz), a nice 1TB SSD and a 2080Ti and they will be set.
Yea' sorry mate, I really should have put it. I was debating putting it on the OP but I thought I wouldn't.

Great, thank you very much for replying again mate, appreciate it.

Soldato
Obviously can adjust the prices around a bit as I’m not sure if he would benefit from a massive spec if the monitor isn’t good enough.

That's good because if spending a fair amount on 34" Ultrawide might as well do it right and grab an IPS and avoid the VA.

Asus ROG Swift PG348Q - £839.99 (100Hz)
Dell Alienware AW3418DW - £934.03 (120Hz)
Acer Predator X34P - £949.99 (120Hz)

There are a couple of LGs if you can find them, more expensive (at least today from what I've been able to find). But tbh I would avoid with only two year warranty.

The below spec has the Acer Nitro 4K that Quartz suggested, as placeholder (just sub for slightly lower cost Asus 34" or slightly higher cost Dell or Acer 34" if preferred):

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £3,067.89 (includes shipping: £28.02)

Good case. Good GPU model.

Will he need Wifi at all? Could go with different board.

Anyway, compare that to prebuilts (which don't allow all that much component choice variety but who knows) and if you can't find one that beats or matches something like the above, then request a build quote for a custom spec in the Customer Service Pre-Sales forum. The £3200 total budget should cover it.

EDIT: Does he have Windows 10 already?

Soldato
OP
That's good because if spending a fair amount on 34" Ultrawide might as well do it right and grab an IPS and avoid the VA.

Asus ROG Swift PG348Q - £839.99 (100Hz)
Dell Alienware AW3418DW - £934.03 (120Hz)
Acer Predator X34P - £949.99 (120Hz)

There are a couple of LGs if you can find them, more expensive (at least today from what I've been able to find). But tbh I would avoid with only two year warranty.

The below spec has the Acer Nitro 4K that Quartz suggested, as placeholder (just sub for slightly lower cost Asus 34" or slightly higher cost Dell or Acer 34" if preferred):

Total: £3,067.89 (includes shipping: £28.02)

Good case. Good GPU model.

Will he need Wifi at all? Could go with different board.

Anyway, compare that to prebuilts (which don't allow all that much component choice variety but who knows) and if you can't find one that beats or matches something like the above, then request a build quote for a custom spec in the Customer Service Pre-Sales forum. The £3200 total budget should cover it.

EDIT: Does he have Windows 10 already?

Hi mate, that's really super thank you very much for that.

I always forget about the IPA and VA thing so thank you for the reminder.

It won't need wifi which is good. I have a MSDN so have Windows licences so that saves a bit of money. Thank you for putting that together mate, I will have a proper look through it when I wake up.

Soldato
Building on @Danny75 list

Total: £1,139.89 (includes shipping: £9.90)

4 yr warranty for something costing over £1k !!!

Forum rep on here (@GIGA-Man ) has helped a lot of goers on here and most people go towards good gigabyte on here purely down to the rep support , which says something

If your playing 4k RTS games you'll find yourself gaming at 1440p, small 4k monitors are useless at displaying text, even if you scale up UI. Games like Eve Online, non existent

And push the Pro, slightly better looks and Fan control :)
WiFi version is handy too if you need it

Last edited:
Soldato
Good shout @orbitalwalsh

I stopped scrolling Low-to-High 2080Ti page when I saw the Gaming X and the discount, and that it fit the budget, but the extra warranty and support for the Giga is worth considering.

Didn't know the Pro had better fan control, so thank you for the heads up.

Soldato
Good shout @orbitalwalsh

I stopped scrolling Low-to-High 2080Ti page when I saw the Gaming X and the discount, and that it fit the budget, but the extra warranty and support for the Giga is worth considering.

Didn't know the Pro had better fan control, so thank you for the heads up.

Few more headers as well as better locations for them ! Still the Hybrid 3/4/temp headers though :)

Back
Top Bottom