2 beeps then Auto Restart

Associate
I was just playing BF2142 and I got 2 beeps from pc and then it restarted, Im abit worried this may turn to a serious problem, any ideas as to what caused this? any help welcome.

Spcs are: evga 680i, 2gb pc6400 dominator, bfg 8800gtx, e600.

Thanks.

EDIT: Upon restarting BF2142 it has reset all the settings, controls, sound, graphics settings etc, may have been 2142 playing up then?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Found this on the intarweb:

No Beeps Short, No power, Bad CPU/MB, Loose Peripherals
One Beep Everything is normal and Computer POSTed fine
Two Beeps POST/CMOS Error
One Long Beep, One Short Beep Motherboard Problem
One Long Beep, Two Short Beeps Video Problem
One Long Beep, Three Short Beeps Video Problem
Three Long Beeps Keyboard Error
Repeated Long Beeps Memory Error
Continuous Hi-Lo Beeps CPU Overheating

So it could be a post or cmos error? But that doesn't sound right unless it happened at boot. So could it have been your overheating warning and automatic shutdown instead?

Soldato
Hades said:
So could it have been your overheating warning and automatic shutdown instead?
I was thinking the same thing, perhaps GPU or CPU is overheating and causing the reboot? Check temps @ full load.

Associate
Unlikely to be PSU at this point, but I would recommned looking in your BIOS at the temps after a restart happens as I had this problem with an old P4HT 3.6 and would crash all day long.. far far too hot it was!

Associate
Check to see if your HSF is mounted properly... Run something like folding or superpi to get your CPU to 100% monitor the temps.

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card. Then get a copy (the free version) of 3Dmark (any is fine) then monitor the temps again.

Other then that I'd do a memtest!

My theory with the power supply was that the system was taking too much power then supplied under full load and thus shutting down. But considering an 800w psu is a lot more then you need it should be alright (not that its a bad thing).

Back
Top Bottom