2 D5s in one loop

Associate
I am planning my first attempt at a full custom watercooling loop and I am considering the possibility of using 2 D5s in the one loop for redundancy purposes.

I like the idea of combined pump/reservoirs and I was wondering if I were to add a second pump to the loop would it be best to use another reservoir or would just a pump and top be sufficient?

Soldato
If you use multiple pumps, better to use one reservoir and either use a dual top or a single top and a res/pump combo. If you do the latter, make sure you run the res/pump combo first when filling the system so the second pump does not run dry.

Associate
OP
Another related question; I will be using a Corsair 900D with 480 and 240 rads in the bottom and a 480 in the top. I will be cooling a 4930 cpu and two or three 290x gpus. Will the positioning of the second pump make much difference? Should I space them equally around the loop?

Associate
Wouldn't really matter, water will run at a constant speed throughout the loop (probably some minor variance but not enough to make a fuss about). As long as the pumps run at the same speed all should be good, so go with whatever is neatest :)

Back
Top Bottom