2 in 1 Shortlist for Uni?

Soldato
So I like handwriting lecture notes on my iPad (annotating lecture slides, Cornell notes etc), but I unfortunately still need a Windows laptop for certain programs. But it's a pain in the backside carrying both (and chargers/peripherals) on the days they're needed. So I'd like to switch to a decent Windows 2 in 1.

I've been looking at the Surface Pro, Surface Book 2 and X1 Yoga. What other candidates should I be shortlisting? Latitude? Yoga 730? I don't need anything uber powerful, and a 13 inch display is fine. Budget? As cheap as possible (am a student after all)!

So what 2 in 1 are you using, and why should I consider it?

Associate
You may be in luck as MS dropped this today.

https://gizmodo.com/microsoft-surface-go-is-a-cheap-tiny-tablet-that-might-1827464500

Personally I think it looks pretty good, especially for uni students etc. Only had some experience with the surface pro 4 which I thought was very nice!

EDIT - I use a Linx 1010B as a diagnostics machine for my car (running Volvo's VIDA system) and it's pretty good when it works, it does have issues with randomly going to sleep/dying and not waking up, also it uses pogo pins to snap on the keyboard sockets which is a pain as over time they get crap on them and stop the keyboard working. There is a newer model now which may have fixed those issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah, had a look at some vids yesterday. Not sure if the screen would be big enough for general productivity (coming from a 13 inch laptop), but it's one I definitely want to have a closer look at when they're released here. Thanks for posting!

Associate
I've come close to ordering an eve v a few times. Keep holding out to see if the surface pro gets a intel 8th gen/usb-c refresh.

Back
Top Bottom