2 Leaking toilets, from the base

Soldato
New house has 2 leaky toilets (luckily 2 more non leaky ones for now at least). The leak comes out from around the base of the loo, and happens at the point that something is deposited in the bowl, as opposed to during/after flushing. The area around the wax seal and the waste pipe stays dry, which I think can only mean it's the bowl itself leaking? But I can't see anywhere that it would be, no hairline cracks or anything.

Basically want to check if there's anything obvious I've missed before I call a plumber? And could this be indicative of a deeper drains issue? One look is ground floor, the other is first floor.

Ground floor loo

Upstairs loo

Soldato
are the cisterns integrated/attached to the bowl with internal bolts inside into the base unit, that maybe allowing water from that -
have you turned off water/emptied sistern and, waited ?

Soldato
We have two small children (boys) that cannot aim unless prompted. if they pee on the connection point of the seat (Where the screws go thought the edge of the bowl) the floor gets wet at the front as it builds up drips down and becomes a smelly brownish puddle at the front of the bowl. Little people are rancid! I have to take the seat off and give it all a good clean once a month to stop it building up.

Soldato
I fixed my toilet the other day. After a couple of days strategically placed paper towels, I narrowed the leak down to the joint between the cistern and bowl when the toilet was flushed. This was then running down the porcelain to the rim of the bowl against the floor.

A trip to Toolstation for some "Plumber's Mait" and a new doughnut washer and it's better than new, as I didn't have any plumbers mait last year when I changed the fill and flush valves.

Back
Top Bottom