2 Monitor Sound Production Build help required.

Associate
Hi chaps,

I was hoping to find some help with a couple of builds I've got in mind for myself and a friend. Details are below!

I'm looking to build a computer capable of sound production with a possibility of video editting and I was wondering what sort of level of performance I'd need to be looking at. I have two budgets as myself and a friend are after the same thing. Could people give me an idea of what I'd need and spec me something? Must be able to support 2 monitors, one of which 27"+ very high resolution, however only 1 monitor should be included in spec as I've already got 1 monitor.

£1100 - Must include 1 monitor 27" 2440x1400~ res support LCD prefered

£900 - Same as above (so a cheaper more economical rig)

I want an SSD in both, only need 120GB but if you think the price of a 256GB is low enough to fit into this build then gravy. Any thoughts would be appretiated, thanks ^^

Associate
Does your friend need 2 monitors too?

Also why not lend him/her the extra £100, buy 2 of everything Spec'd for £1000, build them identical side by side??

Also check the size of your 27", you may find it could be 27.5" or 26.5", always important to buy 2 of the same :)

Associate
Also depends on what editing software you will be using. Does it need nvidia graphics for CUDA support for example? Do you have any hardware that can be re-used? Do you need operating systems included?

Back
Top Bottom