2 PS4 behind 1 router

Permabanned
I'm tearing my hair out.

I bought both my kids a ps4 each for Christmas and even though they can connect to the same multiplayer games when it comes to being in a party chat it fails with the inevitable nat type error message. Both are on NAT type 2 so what gives ?

I have forwarded the portsof one of the stations and I have DMZ'd the other...a frankly crap solution as having to DMZ anything is bad.

I am using an ASUS RT AC68U and have tried placing each PS4 on their own guest network....on the same network etc.

I managed to get this working ok with my last ASUS router an RT 56U with no probs.

I'm ready to give up TBH.

Please help.

Caporegime
Don't do any NATing or DMZ stuff, just leave the two consoles to sort it out. If UPnP is turned off then turn it on.

Caporegime
Depends on the implementation. Some routers treat the DMZ target as "forward everything here, unless there's a rule for that port". The manual will tell you how your particular router behaves.

Permabanned
OP
Leaving the PS4's to sort it out via upnp doesn't work, both can connect to the internet and get online but when the kids try and join a party together they can't communicate as voip fails with a message saying it may be down to nat type, even though both say type 2.

Caporegime
Yeah they are probably trying to send voice packets to the public IP address/port of each PS4s voice session and failing because I don't know of a single router that will implement loopback for dynamic NAT sessions.

Back
Top Bottom