• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2 x Asus 7970 GHZ edition in crossfire

Soldato
So you can't split them over more cards? Doesn't nVidia allow you to do that? Sounds odd but ok.

Shouldn't make any difference either way.

Yeah nVidia actually force you to when using SLI.

AMD forces you onto one card which makes their less than ideal connection outputs (on normal cards) even more annoying for triple screen / less flexible.

Soldato

AMD forces you onto one card which makes their less than ideal connection outputs (on normal cards) even more annoying for triple screen / less flexible.

Never knew that, that must be very frustrating for a lot of users. Cheers for explaining.

Cheers guys as long as I can connect all 4 monitors via display port from 1 card I'm happy

Yep, looks to be the way! :)

Soldato

up to 600 series the good thing was to buy one card and run eyefinity without needing to buy 2 cards to do so as nvidia sli did.
for many I guess workload and 3 screens was a good thing.
and since cards got powerful a single card today goes a long way.

Soldato
OP
up to 600 series the good thing was to buy one card and run eyefinity without needing to buy 2 cards to do so as nvidia sli did.
for many I guess workload and 3 screens was a good thing.
and since cards got powerful a single card today goes a long way.

I wonder what kind of fps i will get with say bf3 on all three dell monitors running at 5760 x 1200 using one card would it be higher than 40 fps

Soldato
OP
a thing of beauty and time to buy another one as it will fit no problem in the case,

39893429.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Another question

Does anyone know what way the switch should look to activate both DVI and the four Dispalyports as this morning I managed video output from 1 dvi and 1 dp

Soldato
Cheers Rossi

I've asked on ROG forum, I can always connect all for monitors and see what happens

I wonder if the power has to be off to move the switch don't want a disaster

I would just plug in all the monitors and see what happens. If you have problems then shutdown, flick the switch and then boot up again.

Soldato
The switch on mine is towards the back of the case.

If you use the first dvi connector(furthest from mobo)
you lose the DP directly above it.
Hope that makes sense.

I can get eyefinity to work but not set monitors to run
individually.

If i run heaven all 3 screens show the bench,
anyone any ideas what I'm missing/doing wrong?

Soldato
OP
The switch on mine is towards the back of the case.

If you use the first dvi connector(furthest from mobo)
you lose the DP directly above it.
Hope that makes sense.

I can get eyefinity to work but not set monitors to run
individually.

If i run heaven all 3 screens show the bench,
anyone any ideas what I'm missing/doing wrong?

Lol you mean top dvi?

Back
Top Bottom