2 X SETI units on GPU

Associate
Hmm, I notice some peeps are processing two units at once on their graphics cards. Just wondering what the minimum card spec is for this caper, and how one would go about it....

I have an Oc'd 285, that is showing only about 70% load on the GPU whilst processing a single task, with bags of memory available..... Any suggestions are very welcome......

Soldato
Best thing I can say is to try it and see how you get on..
I dont know whether it is only a fermi capability or CUDA 3, but your card is quite a high spec...

Associate
I've had 2 running on all my 295's cores (so 4 per card) but when i took into account the extra time needed per unit it worked out similar to 1 unit per core so went back to that. As edge says try it and see ;)

Associate
Those with Fermi's are doing it because with one unit you can see its only loading the core up about 60%

I read the same thing (somewhere).......

Hower, due to having a GTX470, GTX275 & GTS250 all in the one rig - I am crunching 1 unit per GPU (GTS250 can handle 2).

GPU loading is above 90% on all - so either I'm lucky or it has been fixed.

Associate
OP
Those with Fermi's are doing it because with one unit you can see its only loading the core up about 60%

This is what interested me. My load average is 70% on the 285, and only 1/4 of its memory is being used. Yes, it occasinally goes to 90%, but sepnds most of its time running at 60 ish %. When the servers go down, I shall try it and see what happens. If it goes FUBAR, I can always recover from a backup (now I doing them)!

Back
Top Bottom