2005/2006 F1 News and Testing.

Man of Honour
Flibster said:
Here's a good pic of the Vodafone Mercedes CLK DTM car

CLKDTM.jpg

I could live with the McLarens looking like that. Not as nice as the current scheme - but still looks good. :D

Simon/~Flibster

Found it. How cool is that going to look in chrome?

Soldato
rpstewart said:
I'm not sure about the black rims, surely the usual silver ones would look better?

That would be the only thing I would say I'm not completely sure on. I think I need to see it in motion first.

As for a chromed Vodafone paint job... just :eek: :eek: ;)

Associate
I may be slightly wasterd, but that car looks amazing! Made my week I'd say. Can't wait to see this thing race, do you think it will be like this at the test which is hopefully on later this month at silverstone?

Also, while I am posting, thanks for the tread flibster, I used to check F1 news sites but now theres no point, more news and better pics!!!!! the best!

talking abou the mclaren by the way.

Man of Honour
OP
lineaR said:
I may be slightly wasterd, but that car looks amazing! Made my week I'd say. Can't wait to see this thing race, do you think it will be like this at the test which is hopefully on later this month at silverstone?

Also, while I am posting, thanks for the tread flibster, I used to check F1 news sites but now theres no point, more news and better pics!!!!! the best!

talking abou the mclaren by the way.

Just have to quote this before someone sobers up and tidies the spelling up. :D

You're trollied....three sheets to the wind....rat arsed....**** faced....

pished.gif

pished2.gif

Been out and shaking it have we?
boogie.gif

Anyway...

Not sure where it'll be testing - they may continue with the orange until the first race...

And you're welcome. :D

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
Morning everyone. :D

And a nice Happy birthday to...

Sir John Surtees

Date of birth: February 11, 1934 - Tatsfield, Surrey

A racer who would be equally at home in the Halls of Fame of both motorcycle and car racing, 'Big John' rarely won the accolades his success deserved, for he was a man who kept his own counsel and ploughed his own furrow. His critics suggested that was his biggest problem, but he himself simply says: 'I suffered perhaps from an excess of enthusiasm, of always wanting to get deeply involved with any project on which I was working.'

Surtees' prowess on motorcycles won him universal respect, and soon after trying out cars for Vanwall and Aston Martin in 1959, he switched full-time to cars in 1960. A victory in Formula 500 for Ken Tyrrell at Goodwood confirmed the wisdom of the move, and he made his F1 debut for Lotus in Monte Carlo. One race later, he finished second at Silverstone in the British GP, before taking pole position in Portugal.

Despite the prodigious speed he showed, this was the point at which Colin Chapman was forging his deep alliance with Jim Clark, and Surtees elected to move to pastures new just as the British team really began to establish itself. After winning the World Championship for Ferrari in a dramatic Mexican Grand Prix in 1964, Surtees quit the Prancing Horse in the middle of the 1966 season after internal pressure became intolerable, and thus left Jack Brabham a clear run to the title. After a dismal 1969 season he left BRM to set up his own team, Surtees Racing Organisation, for 1970, just as BRM started winning again.

In a car, as on a bike, Surtees was a fearless, tough but fair competitor, as quick as the best without being wild. But where most of his rivals contented themselves with riding or driving, he had a deep interest in the workings of his machines. Some said he should have simply concentrated solely on racing, itself difficult enough, but he liked to tinker and probe in an unceasing quest for technical perfection.

Surtees has few regrets, however. Such an approach worked perfectly well as his exploits on motorcycles passed into legend and he took MV Agusta to countless victories and the World Championships in 1956 (500cc class), 1958, '59 and '60 (350 and 500). In that final year he also began the car racing career that would take him to the unique double by the age of 30.

A year after his four-wheel World Championship he was badly injured when his CanAm Lola T70 crashed at Mosport Park in Canada. It was a mark of the man that he astonished doctors with the speed of his recovery. Resilience and determination were always Big John's hallmarks in a career that deserved even greater success.

Happy 72nd Birthday!!

Simon/~Flibster

Man of Honour
OP
Just had another thought about that McLaren - and it's a more clever design than I initially though.

rpstewart will probably be able to back me up here..

Chrome is incredibly hard to photograph well...
So if they've got any new interesting little features - it's going to be a pain to get good shots of them...

Hmmm...

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
Yeah will be a pain to spot anything new. I don't know how much on an eye sore that will be in places like Bahrain where the reflections off the car will burn retinas of spectators!

Soldato
'Doctor Brawn'
Ross Brawn honoured by Brunel

Brunel University, on the outskirts of London, has given Ferrari's Ross Brawn an honorary doctorate in engineering.

The University, formerly a technical college, is known for offering a degree in Automotive and Motorsport Engineering.

Manchester-born Brawn, 51 and Technical Director for the Italian Formula One team, actually trained in the atomic industry in the early 70s, before getting his first job in motor sport as a machine operator at March.

Soldato
Type_R said:
Yeah will be a pain to spot anything new. I don't know how much on an eye sore that will be in places like Bahrain where the reflections off the car will burn retinas of spectators!

maybe we'll get that **** allen to have a real close look at it under the midday sun and then he wont be able to commentate (if that what you call what he does!!) :D :D

I hate that git! :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
ashtray_head said:
maybe we'll get that **** allen to have a real close look at it under the midday sun and then he wont be able to commentate (if that what you call what he does!!) :D :D

I hate that git! :mad:

He is the biggest muppet to have graced the sport :D

Soldato
Brundel is a biased washed up has been who has no passion anymore. Try lsitening to Julian Ryder, Toby Moody and Randy Mamola who commentation for Eurosport on MotoGP to understand what a decent commentry team are.

Half the time Brundel and Allan don't appear to be watching the same race as each other let alone us.

Steve

Man of Honour
Flibster said:
Morning everyone. :D

And a nice Happy birthday to...

Happy 72nd Birthday!!

Simon/~Flibster

Indeed, he's a really nice guy to boot.

I'd agree with your point about photographing chrome, even looking at the press shots it's hard to distinguish the individual features around the rear of the car.

Soldato
COOORRRRRRRR! Look at that shiny McLaren... its a beauty

Cant wait to see it on the track... itll sparkle as it goes round... naturally itll lose its sheen when the engine blows... but at least it will look good till then.

Its my favourite car so far, but then i am biased.

Back
Top Bottom