2005/6 Ford Fiesta

Permabanned
Im almost ready for my test, I'm onto the mocks now and have had 14 lessons, I've been learning in a 2005 new ford fiesta 1.4 zetec since i started last October and since have driven a fair few different cars, I didn't realise until I drove my mates brand new Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 just how nice the fiesta is to drive, it's really easy, pleasently suprising speed and handling (for an average standard hatchback, not compared to a bmw), nice and simple but everything you need and it's a solid car. Not much of a credible little review I know, I've only driven 3 cars and not even passed my test but I think its a nice little runner, a bit out of my price range or I'd buy one. It's certainly one of the better & faster hatchbacks, only car in class I'd rather have is the brand new Honda Civic, that car is just in another league :drool: Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Permabanned
VBDub said:
Im sorry but 1.2k you are having a laugh. Im 22, ive got no points and 1 years no claims, for me to have a 300bhp celica the insurance is >2k!

Well my friend im 22 also, 1 year ncb also driving 1 year and i can get insured on a Fiat Coupe 2L Turbo IG18 for £1285

Just tried on the beamer and got £1340

With 2 years NCB they both drop about 30%

My point is only to illustrate the lack of value in new cars

EDIT= i think the Celicia is IG20 so a bit much really same as a murcielago lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
VBDub said:
Im sorry but 1.2k you are having a laugh. Im 22, ive got no points and 1 years no claims, for me to have a 300bhp celica the insurance is >2k!

Thats a shame. I'm 21 and I've had quotes for my next car, a 155mph Group 17 BMW 530i Sport, for £1200.

Perhaps you live in a dodgy area?

I have points as well.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Thats a shame. I'm 21 and I've had quotes for my next car, a 155mph Group 17 BMW 530i Sport, for £1200.

Perhaps you live in a dodgy area?

I have points as well.

Ha trumped!

£434 with no no claims as they are all on my van.

But thats because i am old (29)

Permabanned
this is my 1.6 zetec. The engines are fantastic

fez2.jpg

Arc

Arc

Associate
Go out for a test drive and see what engine you prefer, the 1.25 and 1.4 are both pretty good. The 1.6 in the Zetec S (if you can get insurance on it) is a good one to.

And to all those "oh look what big cars you can get for under 10k". This comes up every time in a thread like this, its getting tiresome. Not everyone at that age can insure a car for that amount or afford the running costs (talking maintenance and petrol here). Some people just like small cars and have no need for a) a large car b) a 300bhp rally monster.

Soldato
Arc said:
Some people just like small cars and have no need for a) a large car b) a 300bhp rally monster.

That is a good point, Although i can afford to buy, and insure and run a great big fast car.
I am a cheapskate.
Hence the KA and our now sub £100 fully comp premium.

Back
Top Bottom