2006 Australian Grand Prix - Race 3/18

The quote below in response to a direct question to Ron about Ronspeak is a classic in itself:

But if I'm asked a question by a journalist, it's desperately important to me that I say what I want to say in a manner that conveys not only the answer to the question but also the contextual perspective that has made that answer appropriate.

Let me help you learn a new language in ten minutes. McLaren boss Ron Dennis has a legendary way of over-complicating even the most simple of sentences. We’ve taken some well-known sayings and phrases and using our P-F1 language filter, converted them to Ronspeak. Delight your friends and family by showing them how much you know about Ronspeak.

RON ON FAMILIAR SAYINGS:

“Optimise all visual parameters before making a transit between a stationary position and vertical motion.
...Look before you leap.

“A forward cranial motion will convey a similar message to the temporary obscuration of a single visual sensor.”
...A nod’s as good as a wink

“There is no advantage to be gained from displaying lachrymose sentiment over accidentally displaced dairy products.”
...Don’t cry over spilt milk

“Sudden unexpected precipitation is destined to arrive in over-abundant and unmanageable quantities.”
...It never rains but it pours

“When there is no transfer of funds involved in the transaction, it’s unwise to make an oral equine examination.”
...Don’t look a gifthorse in the mouth

RON'S CLASSIC MOMENTS FROM THE MOVIES

"With all due respect, I reject outright your point of view on this particular issue."
Gone With The Wind - ‘Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn’

"If analysed by use of metpahor, the human condition can be compared to a random assembly of confectionary"
Forest Gump - ‘Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get.’

"If you wish, you may continue and produce a satisfying outcome to this 24-hour period."
Dirty Harry - ‘Go ahead, make my day’

"The minimum requirement was to remove the passenger access device without compromising the structure of the vehicle using excessive amounts of explosive material!"
The Italian Job - ‘I only told you to blow the bloody doors off’

"Considering the large variety and numeracy of licensed premises available, it’s curious that the nature of random choice should bring you to this one."
Casablanca - ‘Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, you should walk into mine.’

RON DOES BEATLES SONGS

Beatles: Baby You Can Drive My Car
Ron: Baby You Can Drive My Technical Package

Beatles: Eight Days A Week
Ron: The average McLaren working week

"Raindrops keep falling on the track
But that doesn't mean that Michelin will go off track
Just the Bridgestone cars
'Cause they didn't bring a light rain tyre down to the track
Because they're dumb
This should be good to..watch"

"Raindrops keep falling on the variable geometry closed-loop ground structure
however that doesn't mean that Michelin will go off variable geometry closed-loop ground structure
Just the Bridgestone high performance mechanical conveyances
'Cause they didn't bring a artificial illumination source precipitatelatex based ground adhesion device down to the variable geometry closed-loop ground structure
Because they're dumb
This should be wholly satisfactory to..watch"

I won't get to use it, so lets put it in Ronspeak :D

Name these films...

"The distance to Chicago has been estimated to be in the vicinity of 106 miles, our petrol measurements have shown the recepticle to be full, our nicotine fiber capsules take up merely half the available space in their container, there is little illumination, and our eyes are covered by protective solar spectacles."

"My physcial embodiment shall reappear at this specific situs subsequent to a period of undeterminable duration following its departure from same."

"Execute that particular piece of musical composition in order to bring evocation of a period of time that belongs to the recent history."

"I require a beverage consisting of an Italian vinoid to which a sample of an opaque Slavic alcoholic liquid has been introduced, the commingling of the aforementioned ingredients having been achieved by a vigorous vertical iterated agitation, rather than by adopting a centrifugal acceleration facilitated by the rotation of a miniature pole or tube with a slightly flattened termination."

What's Heike Kovawotsit doing this year ;)

It's a long line of drivers that Flav's punted

Piquet, Brundle, Lehto (not entirely his fault), Trulli, Herbert.....

There are more but I can't recall the exact circumstances

Flibster said:
"I require a beverage consisting of an Italian vinoid to which a sample of an opaque Slavic alcoholic liquid has been introduced, the commingling of the aforementioned ingredients having been achieved by a vigorous vertical iterated agitation, rather than by adopting a centrifugal acceleration facilitated by the rotation of a miniature pole or tube with a slightly flattened termination."

Any Bond movie - Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred

Back
Top Bottom