2007 Canadian GP - Race 6/17

Associate
Any footage of the Robert Kubica crash?
Probably on YouTube or the like. Picture on the BBC site - they are saying Kubica has a broken leg, I certainly hope they have to change the story. Wasn't pleasant to see, hope he recovers quickly and fully. Doesn't help that I used to race in RBR against him before he got a full-time race seat at BMW, it somehow makes it seem all to close for comfort.

EDIT: Super-instapost, added quote to make it clearer.

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
Right How do you buy a pub with £10 then fit a projection screen and watch f1.
£10???? Come on this is Clifton, we're talking at least £17!!
:p
I do have a mate with a projection screen though so we could just install a bar at her house!

Man of Honour
knip said:
£10???? Come on this is Clifton, we're talking at least £17!!
:p
I do have a mate with a projection screen though so we could just install a bar at her house!

I got a bar in my living room, optics, neon signs and all :D

Man of Honour
knip said:
Ok so we just gonna break into her house now and steal her projector then?

what's her address? or can we sex bribe her :D

1083_lounge.jpg

8470_lounge2.jpg

4154_lounge3.jpg

What you reckon?

Associate
AcidHell2 said:
I agree on both points, but only when he has a chance even a 10% chance. he didn't have a hope in hell today and thats why he messed up so bad. He threw the race away for nothing. He's fighting for the chamionship and needs to learn sometimes you have to act more sensibly.

Nothing wrong with over taking on any corner, just when it was as futile as it was today.

He has raced and beaten one of the most borderline/hardest competitors in the most dominent team ever, winning 2 world championships in the process, Im really not sure he needs to learn to be sensible, he just needs to get to grips with what the car can do, not forgetting that he should have had pole and his qually mistake had nothing to do with 'hope in hell driving' or learning to act sensibly, it was a mistake that seems to be related to him not being 100% confident in the car, but amazingly still significantly quicker than Hamilton in 2 out of 3 sectors.

Soldato
Yeah good drive from Heikki.

That's all you're getting from me :p

Pubs dont really show it round here, but the pub I play pool for usually put on whatever i ask them to. Our games were on at 8pm a few months ago, which clashed with top gear, so guess what was on the telly when we were playing :D

Permabanned
Good to see Kovie performing well in the race after his less than great season and abysmal qualifying yesterday. It took a lot for him to get his confidence and put in a performance like that, it will hopefully get Flavio off his back a bit.

Lewis Hamilton winning, what can I say he has shown he has the potential to be the greatest driver of all time, hats off to the lad

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
ps3ud0 said:
Bugger - just watched highlights show and they still didnt air the drivers press conference...

Oh well - Alonso looked pretty gutted...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Really? It's a joke. Hopefully usenet will have some foreign coverage with it.

Soldato
ps3ud0 said:
Bugger - just watched highlights show and they still didnt air the drivers press conference...

Oh well - Alonso looked pretty gutted...

ps3ud0 :cool:
So ITV, LIED!!!

The reaction to Lewis Hamilton's fantastic win, including the press
conference and analysis of the race, will be shown within our
highlights
programme, tonight at 11.50pm on ITV1.

Another complaint in order?

Soldato
Duke said:
He's a nightmare to watch though, looks like he will go off at any corner at any time :p Saying that he has been much more professional this year. Kudos.

He is but thats great! I wish directors would follow him more just for that fact! Even if he isn't overtaking or being overtaken at least it will be something watch on the more dull races.

Taku should be given a boost button just so he can get into 'exciting' situations! :D

Soldato
NicktheNorse said:
There's not enough Heikki love. 22nd to 4th. Awesome.

come on mate although it was a good showing it wasnt awesome, 10 of those cars didnt make the finish.

sc's always bring out oddities, now hes got some points his performances may go up via more confidence.

Soldato
Looks like the beavers were at it again!

Davidson blames beaver for wrecked race

Briton Anthony Davidson blamed a collision with a beaver for costing him a possible first Formula One points finish in Sunday's Canadian Grand Prix.

The Super Aguri driver hit the animal while in third place behind the safety car at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

He finished 11th after making an unscheduled pitstop to replace a damaged front wing.

"It's such a shame about the beaver," Davidson said in a team review of the race. "It had it in for me for sure.

"I couldn't even see it at high speed and I could not understand why suddenly I locked up the front tyres."

Japanese teammate Takuma Sato was more fortunate, finishing sixth in the Honda-powered team's best performance to date and overtaking McLaren's double world champion Fernando Alonso in the process.

"This was absolutely the most beautiful day in my racing career," he said.

Back
Top Bottom