2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Soldato
Can not see a current thread for this... if there is one please direct me to it!! :D

Anyone watching the first nights games?

Pittsburgh robbed by the ref giving Philidelphia an offside goal!

EDIT: Miffed about the offside goal but you cant let a 3-0 lead down and then fall asleep in OT!

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Will be watching as many games as I can.

Follow the Caps so could be interesting for them with Holtby in the net.

However I'm always a day behind on the games as watch them on Gamecenter the following night at a more reasonable hour :p

Just watching Pens Flyers game 1 now, hits galore!

Soldato
OP
I cant believe ESPN America dont follow the NHL in the UK anymore.

I switched to Virgin after the play-offs last year so i could catch all the games this year and they didnt buy in! :(

Virgin might be getting PremierSport soon so, fingers crossed, ill get too see all next season!

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Can't get virgin where we live and apart from NHL stuff there's nothing else we'd want to watch on paid for telly. Plus I'm tight :)

So just signed up to the NHL Gamecenter service, can watch every/any game on it either on the TV through the PS3 NHL app or on a computer/laptop.

Got to wait for the wife to get home tonight then we can watch last night's Caps game, got to avoid the result all day!

Soldato
OP
Can't get virgin where we live and apart from NHL stuff there's nothing else we'd want to watch on paid for telly. Plus I'm tight :)

So just signed up to the NHL Gamecenter service, can watch every/any game on it either on the TV through the PS3 NHL app or on a computer/laptop.

Got to wait for the wife to get home tonight then we can watch last night's Caps game, got to avoid the result all day!

How much was that? Didnt know you could do that from the UK

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Yup you can do it from any country bar a couple of european ones like sweden.

Think to sign up for the payoffs it's $59.99, so about £40.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamecenterlive.htm

I think a full season is $160, and then about halfway through they chop it to $90.

The ps3 app isn't available in the uk, you have to get it from the US PS store but once it's on the machine it works fine.

Just watched last nights caps game, Holtby did well and whilst they didn't play great and were lucky not to lose it earlier they were unlucky with that goal.

Ovi needs his bum kicking into gear (I'm not his biggest fan anyway), although didn't help he was always facing Chara's line.

Soldato
OP
Pens 2-1 up currently still in the 1st.

Talbot scored while Phili were short handed.

EDIT: 3-1 now, Fantastic play by Crosby

EDIT2: 4-3 now- Flyers score another short handed goal and that start of Pens powerplay. 5 seconds later Pens score on the power play.

High scoring game!

Last edited:

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Just reading about last nights Flyers game, great going hope they stuff them 4-0 in the series.

There's no denying Pittsburgh are a good team with some good players, but I'm just not really a fan of theirs anymore :)

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I don't know why I'm not a massive fan now really, when I was younger I loved them!

Was/am a bit of a Jagr fan back in the day so this season I've liked Flyers, so out of the 2 for this matchup I'm rooting for Flyers :p

But in recent times for various reasons we're following Caps at the moment, went out there for a string of their home games a month or so ago and had an awesome time even if they played pretty poorly that week.

Going ok for them tonight so far, looking much more comfortable out there than Thursday.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Hmm ref's are letting quite a lot slide in this game again, Thomas dropping his stick to launch himself at Bakstrom whilst another Bruins player held him back and nothing!

I'm all for letting the game flow but that wasn't on especially as Holtby got penalised for something similar, arguably less vicious, last game.

Last edited:
Associate
Premier sports have a free view of tonights flyers pens game at 8, I assume this means anyone on sky can watch. Got a bet on Nashville Predators to take the cup!

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
That last Flyers game was great to watch, tonights should be good :)

Caps tied at 2-2 in the series, Holtby doing alright for their third keeper :p

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Just watched Caps game 7, as a game it was actually pretty dull but glad they pulled it off.

Funny how the wife and I always joke about Joel Ward never doing much then he goes and wins it :p

Back
Top Bottom