2017 BMW 330e or 2015 Honda Civic

Associate
Hi.

I apologize but I have decided not to get the fully electric Hyundai Ioniq as public charging would cost me £6/mile.
I also do not want to install a home charger.
[ 60p slow charging , 79p rapid charging, 70p slow charging at work! ]

Which would be a better purchase between 2017 BMW 330e and a 2015 Honda Civic?
Both are selling for almost the same £'s.
Insurance for BMW is only £50 more.
I only do two 50mile commutes every week and then a trip to my local ASDA etc. during the weekends.

Which would be a better purchase between 2017 BMW 330e and a 2015 Honda Civic?
what's your definition of "better"?
better to drive, better value for money, better running costs, better interior quality, better boot space, better reliability, better economy?
if a 2017 330e is selling for the same price as a 2015 civic, there is a good chance that it's a shed and should be avoided. On average a Honda will be cheaper to run and more reliable that a BMW.

Can only agree with the guys above.

One thing I would say on is to tread with caution on calculating mpg figures and use https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/honda/civic-2012
The petrol engines in the age civic you mentioned are the old v-techs, super reliable but mpg will drop if putting your foot down, average 40 for the 1.8, personally would not want the 1.4 for the 50 miles. Low power output for not a super mini, might get tiring.
The diesels return good mpg.... not sure you need that though.

yes battery warranty maybe out - can't currently search thread that had listed those
but, does look like there are more 7.6kw 330e < £15K 158 than 320i 's 78 (even putting 330/340s in pot) which I guess is a testament to bik purchases, and maybe ongoing phev maintenance cost/insurance risk
seems there is 200Kg additional weight over a manual 320 though - when the fun stops (need to be able filter by weight in AT)

Civic's on my list of replacement for an older 320 touring, rear visibility in civic is poor though(& tints) and need a >2016 to get good rear suspension, space is good.
there are more civics around than replacing for like - I don't want an auto or M/X variant 320, for reliability/better-ride.

Back
Top Bottom