2019 FA Community Shield … Liverpool v Man City … Sunday 4th August *** spoilers ***

Soldato
All of our defenders getting pulled all over, making it easy for City to just lob it over or pass through it.

I'd get ox in midfield in second half try get some life from it

EDIT: overall that was far below what I expected, I didn't think we would be on top form but nothing looks to be working.

Not seen gini entire half do anything of note, defence having to do more pressing because our midfield isn't doing it at all.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Salah could and should've scored but other than a few chances we've been **** poor.

Henderson seems to be sitting deeper again and is back to offering very little and Gini can't influence things going forward. I'd be tempted to take them both off at HT.

Also, City are mixing up their play whereas we're just aimlessly hoofing it up to Salah and Origi. If we need to do that rather than play it through midfield why aren't we looking for someone creative?

Soldato
This is a real match, there is a reward at the end of it.

City have played less pre season games than us but look ten steps ahead.

I honestly belive that our midfield is making it easier on them right now though

Caporegime
Sterling is such a bottler, lucky he’s surrounded by so much talent to offer him the chances

Also that was clearly a foul, you can’t go through the back of anyone

Soldato
Zero threat from any one but salah today, showing exactly why our drop off is too big if Bobby isn't 100% and mane is missing.

Origi is just not on same level as them, I know fitness plays a part today but still shows none the less

Back
Top Bottom