1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019: What are your motoring plans?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Gibbo, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Tony Williams of the motors forum.

2. mccarf

Wise Guy

Why does he insure your car though?

3. Mal X

Sgarrista

well why not......i asked him too, better the Devil you know !

my God look at this

[​IMG]

4. wedrum

Mobster

Mal is one weird breed

5. Vigoro

Mobster

Seeing that truck causes some pain

6. Blackhawk47

Capodecina

I can only assume Mal means that his neighbour works for a insurance company.

Other than that I am all out of ideas. :o

7. Mal X

Sgarrista

yes indeed, Rias Insurance.

8. Housey

Man of Honour

You’ll need Jazz hands to work on that.

I’m wasted here.

9. mccarf

Wise Guy

Ah that makes more sense. I just read it as you went around, knocked his door and asked him to pay for your insurance:D

10. Relentless81

Sgarrista

I want an estate with an auto box, had my car 4 years this year and love it we've been all over the country in it and its been great but it's 10 years old now and need more boot space

Will be test driving an auris hybrid, Octavia tsi and Leon tsi, maybe a civic estate but the 1.8 petrol has rubbish torque for pulling a full car

11. Mal X

Sgarrista

yes the VTEC is very bad for torque, you need to really boot the engine to get it to respond. it's a very tough reliable engine but very low torque, it's useless pulling out from a junction at low RPMs, you have to be very careful about judging the distance !!!!

i spoke to my neighbour today, he might not insure the car with the mods, so i'll need to find somewhere else

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  12. NooBish AbbZ

Mobster

May - 2 weeks over in Germany, spending a week or so around Nurburgring and other parts of West Germany before heading on to somewhere else (not sure yet) We're heading to the Spa 8 hours on the way down.
    June - Nurburgring again for the weekend of 24 hours
    July - Spa this time, weekend again for the 24 hours.

July/August. Sell 340i. Sell SV650(motorbike) Go to the Middle East with work for 6 months. Lookat new cars and new bikes for when i come back. Very early front runners are a mates old XJ6N bike which i rode a few weeks ago and loved. And....a Fiesta ST. I have a real ache for one. If not a Fiesta ST then I'd like some kind of small, agile hatchback. Plans may change depending on my career plans after coming back though.

For a quick background,, I bought the SV 5 years ago, and used it for work for commuting for the last 18 months ago. Loved it at first but slowly fell out of love with it I think.

340i I've had for almost 2 years and it has been ******* glorious. Trips to Spa, Nurburgring, West Coast of France and never missed a beat, nor been beaten off a set of lights ;) (I kid, probably been beaten by a Honda Jazz in the damp) Motivated me to go to Germany(never been before) and as a result I'd love to move over there eventually.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  13. Django x2

Capodecina

@Mal X equals new TurboToaster?

My 2019 plans are probably chop in the Ibiza for an 850i, F90 M5, or possibly an XC90 or X7 depending on how many working days there are in March and September.

14. Vish Petrol

Hitman

bought an EP3 in dec. Got it mapped and serviced at TDI North. Next up is replacing the clutch and crappy yellowspeed coilovers with Bilsteins.

TL;DR Its all about dat VTEC YO!

15. Spleen Sauce

Hitman

2019 plans - get out of the PCP I have on my TT (VT in a few months time as the negative equity is now ridiculous, partly due to the world now hating diesels) and get a used B9 S4 (probably Avant) which I’ll finance myself on a very low interest loan + a chunk of my own cash. Keep it until it dies.

16. OpenToSuggestions

Capodecina

Yesterday I picked up an EGR blanking plate and some genuine denso 420cc (RX8) injectors for my mk1 mx5.
    In June or July both my laser eye finance and finance on my main car go. £490 extra per month. Time for the mx5 to get a turbo.

17. Frozennova

Man of Honour

Do yourself a favour and sack off the RX8 injectors and get some decent Bosch EV14s from Bofi Racing or Motorsport electronics. They're so much better behaved at idle and low load/RPM than the RX8 injectors

18. Mal X

Sgarrista

lowering performance springs cost £180 and the existing shocks will be fine they've only got 15k miles on them, but lets see what these Yellowspeeds are like first, i have definitely made a mistake here i should've just got the lowering springs.

19. Vish Petrol

Hitman

My yellowspeeds would be fine if the front coil wasn't corroded, and the front strut didn't knock. I'm getting Bilstein b14's though.

20. Gibbo

Commissario

Billy's are much higher quality and also still quite reasonably priced. :)