*2021/22 Champions League Group Draw*

Don
OP
A tricky draw for us - the 2nd toughest pot 1 side and probably the toughest pot 4 side we could have got. The only real positive is we missed all the long journey's in pot 3. A very easy draw for Utd, ok(ish) for Chelsea and a very tricky draw for City. In a strange way City would have been better off getting a tougher pot 4 side because when you get 3 decent sides and a whipping boy, it basically becomes a shootout from the games vs the top 3 and it leaves you less margin for error.

Associate
Europa League draw:

Group A: Lyon, Rangers, Sparta Prague, Brondby

Group B: Monaco, PSV Eindhoven, Real Sociedad, Sturm Graz

Group C: Napoli, Leicester City, Spartak Moscow, Legia Warsaw

Group D: Olympiakos, Eintracht Frankfurt, Fenerbahce, Royal Antwerp

Group E: Lazio, Lokomotiv Moscow, Marseille, Galatasaray

Group F: Braga, Red Star Belgrade, Ludogorets, Midtjylland

Group G: Bayer Leverkusen, Celtic, Real Betis, Ferencvaros

Group H: Dinamo Zagreb, Genk, West Ham, Rapid Vienna

Tough draw for Leicester but looking forward to playing Napoli, should be a decent game.

Don
OP
Tough draw for Leicester but looking forward to playing Napoli, should be a decent game.

Don't look forward to it, you'll only be disappointed. They're not far off being the Italian Burnley - maybe not quite as physical but spend 90 minutes trying to ruin the game. When they missed out on CL qualification I was relieved as we always seemed to draw them - we ended up with Atletico instead :o

Associate
Don't look forward to it, you'll only be disappointed. They're not far off being the Italian Burnley - maybe not quite as physical but spend 90 minutes trying to ruin the game. When they missed out on CL qualification I was relieved as we always seemed to draw them - we ended up with Atletico instead :o
I'm sure you're right, but I've always had a soft spot for them so hopefully it wont be that bad. As for Atletico, you have my sympathy!

Back
Top Bottom