2024/25 Champions League Draw

Don't think the draw matters that much with new format, should be fairly even for all teams
Yep, everybody plays 2 teams from each pot so there's no advantage being a pot 1 or 2 side.

The complexity of the draw is something else though. I had thought there would have been mini groups drawn and then all the results were collated into a single League but that's not the case. The teams you play will be completely independent from the teams your opponent plays and requires some mad AI system to complete the draw due to all the clashes.

Ok....
City's fixtures:
Inter Milan (H) PSG (A) Club Brugge (H) Juventus (A) Feyenoord (H) Sporting Lisbon (A) Sparta Prague (H) Slovan Bratislava (A)

Liverpool's full fixtures:
Real Madrid (H ) RB Leipzig (A) Bayer Leverkusen (H) AC Milan (A) Lille (H) PSV Eindhoven (A) Bologna (H) Girona (A)

That's not an easy set of fixtures.

I can't wait for the algorithm to crap itself when they get to Pot 4 and it's trying to figure out what possible permutations are still available and valid

I can't wait for the algorithm to crap itself when they get to Pot 4 and it's trying to figure out what possible permutations are still available and valid
Haha. I read a report last night that they were worried about Russian hackers too.

Liverpool's full fixtures:
Real Madrid (H ) RB Leipzig (A) Bayer Leverkusen (H) AC Milan (A) Lille (H) PSV Eindhoven (A) Bologna (H) Girona (A)

That's not an easy set of fixtures.
Is it like a league table at the end with all the teams with the top so many teams going through to knockout?

I like the new format, the group stages before threw up some really bad groups, and with all the restrictions the same clubs always played each other. The draw still seems really important but at least it doesn't really matter what pot you're in now.

Back
Top Bottom