2024/25 Champions League Draw

Not sure there is a valid comparison with the end of the wenger era or do you mean more recent?
I meant your entire history in Europe. You've never really done well in Europe, even when you've had a strong side. In both of the last two seasons, when you've competed with City for the League (so not like you were struggling), you've not really pulled up any trees in Europe. I think you're underestimating the difficulty of winning 8 from 8. Just look at your 6 group games + 2 round of 16 games from each of the last two seasons. Despite playing far inferior sides, you've only managed 5 wins.

I'd be surprised if any side wins 8 from 8. The law of averages suggests you'd slip up even if you were massive favourites in each game individually.

I meant your entire history in Europe. You've never really done well in Europe, even when you've had a strong side. In both of the last two seasons, when you've competed with City for the League (so not like you were struggling), you've not really pulled up any trees in Europe. I think you're underestimating the difficulty of winning 8 from 8. Just look at your 6 group games + 2 round of 16 games from each of the last two seasons. Despite playing far inferior sides, you've only managed 5 wins.

I'd be surprised if any side wins 8 from 8. The law of averages suggests you'd slip up even if you were massive favourites in each game individually.
I think our squad is stronger and with the last year more experienced. 8 out of 8 is quite optimistic but as 1 offs I'd put us down for a win on all of them.

Oh I would put you down as favourites in each too but to win them all? That's a massive ask.

Edit: to put in into perspective, in all the years of the CL only Liverpool in the 21/22 season and City last season has a PL side won all 6 group games. This is an extra 2 games + harder games overall.

Back
Top Bottom