2024 OLED bonanza take your pick from dozens of new monitors

Associate
I have an LED 50" Phillips TV called 'The One' :D If I post what the exact model is,can you guys tell me what the power consumption is,and what the freesync range is. I'd also really like to know what you think of the HDR features.I like to pretend to be an expert at some things, the reality is if you don't ask you won't learn. Sorry for intruding the thread.

Model NO. 50PUS8807/12. Mfr is July/August 2023.

Last edited:
Associate
looking to get a 27" 360hz old. in the UK seems to be the MSI and the AW.
the MSI would be my preference as it has full HDMI 2.1 so could use that instead of DSC. but its around £1k currently when the AW is £780. any other major differences i am missing?

Associate
looking to get a 27" 360hz old. in the UK seems to be the MSI and the AW.
the MSI would be my preference as it has full HDMI 2.1 so could use that instead of DSC. but its around £1k currently when the AW is £780. any other major differences i am missing?
USB-C with power delivery on the MSI model too so you could run a work laptop off it as well if needed.

I'm happy with my AW27 tbf - but I do wish it had full HDMI 2.1 and had 2 HDMI ports as well.

Associate
Keep going on and off the fence with a change to OLED, but text clarity has been holding me back, especially on the UW offerings that aren't 4K equivalent. These new 4K 32" OLEDs are quite interesting on that front as higher PPI should = less chance of noticing fringing.

I've got a 34" MPG341CQR.

I think it's going to be holding onto this until a 38" OLED UW makes an appearance. Then again, the 38" UW seems to have been completely abandoned lol. The latest of these panels are a few years old now (somewhat tempted of a sidegrade to 38" IPS right now).

But I've always been one of the weirdos who has preferred VA because of IPS glow/lightbleed/contrast. I don't play any super competitive FPS games and have never really noticed motion blur/ghosting on this VA panel.

Last edited:
Associate
USB-C with power delivery on the MSI model too so you could run a work laptop off it as well if needed.

I'm happy with my AW27 tbf - but I do wish it had full HDMI 2.1 and had 2 HDMI ports as well.
i have a docking station for my work laptop so usb c less of a concern.

mainly the full HDMI 2.1 that is interesting as i have previously had VRR flickering with DP using DSC @ 360hz (i understand its nvidea's fault).
also heard some issues with AW packaging / screen damage.

how is the fan noise on the AW also?

Last edited:
Associate
Is it restricted? Hadn't read that (but more interested in the 32 which iirc does have full 48Gbps).
Yeah, you only get 144hz over HDMI on the AW27 model. Unsure how it is on the 32" but it's an odd limitation on the 27". It doesn't bother me too much, I'm using Display Port for my PC and HDMI for my PS5 which caps out at 120hz anyway - but it would have been nice to have had the option of using full HDMI 2.1 for my PC.
i have a docking station for my work laptop so usb c less of a concern.

mainly the full HDMI 2.1 that is interesting as i have previously had VRR flickering with DP using DSC @ 360hz (i understand its nvidea's fault).
also heard some issues with AW packaging / screen damage.

how is the fan noise on the AW also?
Fan noise is genuinely something I've not even noticed. From the menu it looks like there are 3 options, speed 1, speed 2 and auto. I've not touched the setting and I've never heard the fan once.

I read similar things re: AW packaging but my screen was fine. There were a few others here that were also fine with no marks on the screen but it does seem to happen as with the comments/threads I've seen elsewhere. Like anything though it's the ones who have issues that will be making posts/threads. I'm not going to make a thread to say my screen had no marks but I can understand why people who had issues would do that.

Caporegime
Just to throw another spanner in the works of finding the perfect monitor. I needed one with a KVM to solve my work laptop/main rig issue - fine.

However my desk is too small for my previous speakers, so considering a soundbar. Am I right in thinking - I should get a monitor with ARC or e-ARC?

Back
Top Bottom