2024 OLED bonanza take your pick from dozens of new monitors

Associate
'The QD-OLED panel from Samsung Display also received the Eye Care Display certification from SGS. The testing and certification agency's tests revealed that Samsung's QD-OLED panel emitted lower blue light than any other gaming monitor in the world that measures 31.5 inches or higher.'

My issue was on the 27" monitor that I was struggling with - not the 32" 4k monitor.

Have you read TFT Centrals review of the panel? It was also highlighted in Hardware Unboxed's review that this panel/monitor in particular has a significantly higher level of blue light.

"The blue peak is at 453 nm. This means it is not part of the Eyesafe certified range of products where there is a supposed harmful range between 415 – 455nm. This also includes a 26.95% blue light ratio. There are no blue light modes or options provided on the screen at all."

Caporegime
'The QD-OLED panel from Samsung Display also received the Eye Care Display certification from SGS. The testing and certification agency's tests revealed that Samsung's QD-OLED panel emitted lower blue light than any other gaming monitor in the world that measures 31.5 inches or higher.'

My issue was on the 27" monitor that I was struggling with - not the 32" 4k monitor.

Have you read TFT Centrals review of the panel? It was also highlighted in Hardware Unboxed's review that this panel/monitor in particular has a significantly higher level of blue light.

"The blue peak is at 453 nm. This means it is not part of the Eyesafe certified range of products where there is a supposed harmful range between 415 – 455nm. This also includes a 26.95% blue light ratio. There are no blue light modes or options provided on the screen at all."
Ah so it is specific to that monitor you had then? And not specifically a qd-oled flaw? Been a while since I read into it so may be different with newer panels now.

Associate
Ah so it is specific to that monitor you had then? And not specifically a qd-oled flaw? Been a while since I read into it so may be different with newer panels now.
Yeah, never really had any issues before with other monitors and I've got a Samsung QD-OLED TV so I couldn't really workout if it was panel specific or monitor specific.

I think it's a pretty niche case and I'm in the minority when it comes to being impacted by it, still a little annoying but I'm happy to use the wOLED monitor from LG for now!

Caporegime
Yeah, never really had any issues before with other monitors and I've got a Samsung QD-OLED TV so I couldn't really workout if it was panel specific or monitor specific.

I think it's a pretty niche case and I'm in the minority when it comes to being impacted by it, still a little annoying but I'm happy to use the wOLED monitor from LG for now!
Yes thankfully you have an option that works for you! My PG is a WOLED and tbh has been fantastic with no issues with eye-strain etc even after hours of use :)

Soldato
General question, but would an OLED panel typically be glossy as in iMac/27" apple style or not? I'm just seeking that clarity and vibrant colours of the 5K iMac... not an Apple fanboy per se...

Associate
some of them look very good but unfortunately ive recently bought the alienware 34 inch wide screen, so be a while for a new one for me

Soldato
How do theses new 32" oled monitor perform with general desktop usage office etc

I'll game on it in the evening PS5 but during the day it's a office monitor fur the mrs.

Soldato
How do theses new 32" oled monitor perform with general desktop usage office etc

I'll game on it in the evening PS5 but during the day it's a office monitor fur the mrs.
I don't have one yet but the new generation of qd-oled is supposed to have a better pixel layout that improves text quality however the new LG Woleds are supposedly better again but there is only one that I know of so far which is the 240/480hz dual mode from LG themselves with an Asus equivalent coming in the summer.

Associate
A real shame it's 1300 quid in the UK. Bonkers pricing from MSI.
Pulling an ASUS, and also lines up with LGs crazy pricing on their new 32" monitor.

Can easily see these drop under 1k in the near future. We also have 360Hz 32" OLEDs coming later this year.

Back
Top Bottom