• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2060 poor performance

Associate
OP
I’ve just put 16 gig of ram into the system and Cod mw is still a little laggy on medium setting. Should I be expecting better performance or is the cpu holding it back?

Soldato
I’ve just put 16 gig of ram into the system and Cod mw is still a little laggy on medium setting. Should I be expecting better performance or is the cpu holding it back?

Would probably be safe to assume this. The 2060 will be pushing much higher framerrates compared to the 970 and thus putting more load on things like ram and the cpu. Capping the framerate to what the 970 use to get would probably solve the issue if you wanna try it.

Associate
OP
Reinstalled windows and COD worked perfectly with all setting set to highest possible even ray tracing.

It’s now gone to how it was before where movement is jerky. Whilst in game I checked memory usage and it shows 91% could this be causing it?

Soldato
I'd use a fps limiter incase fps are too high and causing the whine and get more ram. Also if you have antivirus stuff that may cause problems in games if say it was norton.

Btw with that system u might be getting cpu maxed if so u can try DSR to upscaled to next res up and it will shift the load from cpu to gpu, may help i dunno, depends how ur games are using ur resources.

If this is the cod u were on about then it says min is 8gb but rec is 12gb so yeah if ur trying maxed or near maxed it might be needing a bit more ram, check with afterburner while playing see if it tops out that much now and again.

https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=6039&game=Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sorry for the delay in replying. I have removed and reinstalled COD. Strangely it works perfectly with max graphics setting in the single player but still has jittery performance online. Ive got 76mb fibre, what else could cause this. Its not really bad but when you move the mouse from side to side, there is a slight delay or stutter.

Soldato
If it's only the new COD, have you selected 'reinstall shaders' or whatever it is in the options menu of the game? Each component (single player, multiplayer and co-op) has seperate shaders. Sounds like the game has reinstalled shaders for the 2060 for singleplayer but not the others. Hit that option (somewhere under graphics) let it finish (progress at the top) and try again.

Having just wrote that though...uninstalling and reinstalling the game should had already done that....

Back
Top Bottom