• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080 Super 4k upgrade - 4080 super?

Soldato
So my 2080 Super is starting to show its age, especially given I'm at 4k. CPU is still good in general (Ryzen 7 3700X) and 64Gb of RAM alongside it all on an X570 chipset.

From the reading I've done it seems like the 4080 Super is probably the sweet spot in terms of both value and being a worthwhile upgrade from my 5 year old trusty 2080 Super, would the good people of this subforum agree or have an alternative idea for me?

TIA

Soldato
OP
Yea. At that point I'm starting to wonder if it's core system upgrade time... I could throw £300 at a 5800x3d or £210 would get me a 7600X (AM5) - so with an extra 300 on top for some RAM and a mobo I'm talking 200 difference to move up a generation rather than keep my AM4 going.

Either way the answer seems to be 4080 Super just a question of when :).

Back
Top Bottom