• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080 Ti Aorus - overclock question.

Associate
Hello. I have Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus . My question is that i have weak oc i think. Boost factory is 1695mhz.

When i max fan to 100% ,max power limit 133%,max temp limit 88C i am getting max 1980mhz boost. This is without oc.

When temps go to 75C ,boost settle on 1950mhz.

But when i add some core +75 i am getting crash on 1950mhz settled clock, in looped fire strike gpu test 1,usually after 2-3 hours. In games i am stable. I am memory overclocked +700mhz. But without memory the same crash.

Can somebody explain me this?

Soldato
Got a decent PSU?

Might have bummed out on the silicone lottery. There's very little one can do with modern nVidia GPUs for overclocking and you're somewhat slave to Boost 4.0.

If you cannot get core stable any higher you might have hit the your silicones wall within the voltage envelope Boost 4.0 allows... Assuming everything else is decent (PSU ETC)

You might want to try get temperatures down but it seems like you've found your upper limit.

Associate
OP
Psu Corsair 850 RMX. When i overclock from stock boost 1695 to 1770 i have crash on mid 2-3 hours when clock settled with max temp on 1950mhz in firestrike gpu test 1 loop.
Any ideas?

Power limit max,voltage max,temp limit max. Gpuz showing VREL/PWR in this test.

Also on games only VREL and in games is 2050mhz stable.

When i left pwr limit 100% then its not crashing in fire strike 1 gpu loop with 100+ core. But clocks are lower. So maybe test games only?

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
There's very little one can do with modern nVidia GPUs for overclocking and you're somewhat slave to Boost 4.0.

Different card here, Zotac 2080Ti, and I think you’ve hit the nail on the head TBH.

I’ve had my card running at 2100/8000 for ages using the 370W-ish BIOS but it seems that if I use the original BIOS, OC +150/1000 instead of the +190/1000 I’ve been using, I still get virtually the same boost clocks but using 70W less. Less heat, less fan noise, same FPS as far as I can tell. As long as the PL is maxed and it’s not cooking itself, boost seems to manage itself anyway.

Associate
OP
Weird so i underclocked gpu memory to stock and test looping fine on 5 hours now. + temps go lower -5C. So propably too much oc memory was?

So 1760mhz boost but memory stock and no crashing :) and temps now 77C instead of 85C

Clock 1950mhz steady after 5 hours.

Back
Top Bottom