• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2080ti Gaming X Trio Fans ramp 100% at 70oC despite fan curve. HELP

Associate
Hi overclockers people

Im fairly new to pc gaming and saved for 2 years to build my dream rig, however as the title suggests, im having some issues with the fans being a little noisy.

I'll try and be brief; to repeat this issue i can run the second graphics test in 3D mark on a custom run and my fans will follow the set fan curve fairly accurately as the temps go up. But then as soon as the temperatures hit 70oC the fans ramp up dramatically, close to 100%, and i cant figure out why. The noise it makes is pretty distracting so i was wondering where i have gone wrong. It must be a "me" problem because the fans are scaling nicely up to that point.

Any help very welcome and thanks

Specs
9900k (which im somehow unable to overclock or even use intel turbo boost without issues, yay) cooled with a h150i pro 360AIO (gaming heavy load never goes over 55oC)
MSI z390 gaming pro carbon AC (with newest bios installed)
MSI gaming x trio 2080ti - the troublemaker
32gb ram
lian-li pc 011 dynamic with mesh removed and 6 case fans.

software
msi afterburner with a zero overclock applied just a default fan speed (riva tuner with it).
corsair link controlling lights and case fans etc.

Associate
This sounds like a problem i have been having with defective power connectors.. the way i managed to fix it was by making sure the power cables to the card are loose so there ain't much of a bend that fixed my fan issues since.

i noticed whenever there was any downward pressure on the power connector my fans would go crazy after 70c and nothing i could do would fix it even the software didn't help.

hope this fixes it for you.

Back
Top Bottom