24" LED Monitor - For Gaming

Associate
Hi all,

I have recently completely upgraded my computer, the last thing I now need is a monitor for gaming on, I am looking for a 24" LED monitor, price range around £175 but will pay more if needed.

Can anyone please recommend a good option?

I have been looking around but I am not really too sure what is best.

Many thanks
Jason

Associate
Hi Jason, I have exactly the same problem just upgraded also, have come on here to ask the Caporegime for some help. I have the same cash spare to purchase the monitor. This is the one I have selected up till now, the ASUS VE247H 24 inch LED Widescreen. Seems to be OK, is a led backlite screen so quite bright.
There is a close cousin the VE248H that has loads of reports about ghosting, dont know if the VE247H has the same problem? Anyone got any recommendations please? for around the £160 mark. Mainly for gaming and surfing

Associate
OP
Thanks for the response, the Iiyama ProLite B2475HDS seems like a good unit and does have a good review.

I really like the look of the ASUS VE247H so would be interesetd to know if that is any good.

When looking for a gaming monitor I assume it is important that it has a 2ms response time?

Thanks.
Jason

Associate
I have been using a Dell E196FP for years and have been Ok on all the CoD games and the dell has a Response Time of 8ms ( typical Black to White) so it's quite old hat.... so anything faster is a bonus.
As I said earlier the VE248H with the Ghosting ( which by the way does not effect the gaming in any way ) if you youtube it, the ghosting can be removed by altering a setting but that alteration takes it from 2ms response back to 5ms.... great eh!
The Iiyama looks good, got to get myself down to the shops to see the difference between the TD screen and the bright LED backlite Screen.
Is there a thread on here that lists the good monitors what folk are using ?

Associate
OP
So i have been looking and really like the look of the Asus 24" VS247H.

My only concern is the 5ms response time, will this be an issue for gaming?

I also like the Samsung S24A300BL 24", these seem to be my two picks I just need a little advice/guidance before I make the purchase :)

Associate
Been looking again the night, you find a one that everyone likes then you find out it has problems or no HDMI ........go on for ever.
I found these 4 some are 23" and one is 24" which looks good at the moment but havent googled it for reviews.
LG W2486L 24-inch LED LCD TFT (Gloss Black, 2ms, HDMI x 2) approx £170 ( edit just found out this does not have HDMI but DVI-D is the same graphic quality but without sound which is ok for me.

these are the 23"
LG IPS236V-PN 23" Full HD LED Monitor £177 all connections
Samsung S23A550H SyncMaster 23" Full HD LED Screen £193
AOC e2343F 23" Widescreen LED HD Monitor £139 No HDMI and restriction HDCP
Jason the one you have selected no HDMI Samsung S24A300BL 24"

Last edited:
Associate
This BenQ looks quite good, folk say it's a fantastic quality picture and has all the connections including 4 usb, one drawback for gamers the response time 8 ms same as my Dell, but this BenQ screen is exactly the same level and height as my 19" dell so it will look good on the desk side by side, just using the Dell for FSX coms & GPS etc)

BenQ EW2420 LED Widescreen Monitor 24 inch (1080p) TFT LCD 9H.L5KLN.IBE

Down to choice of 2 or 3 now.

http://overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-085-IY
Iiyama Prolite X2377HDS 23 only 23" but IPS panel

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-071-IY&tool=3
IIyama Prolite E2473HDS 24" Widescreen LED Monitor

Back
Top Bottom