2500k Happy at 4.3, Doesnt like 4.4+

Soldato
Hey guys wonder if you could give me some pointers .

Msi p67a-c45
4gb Kingston Grey Genesis 1600mhz
Noctua Cooler

Ive upped the Multiplier to 43 and voltage is at 1.220v. Ive ran Prime for 8hrs and IBT for 10+. Its stable, with temps maxing at 63c

I upped the Multi to 45x(out of curiosity), notched the voltage up a little, and it doesnt load up windows, It hangs on a blinking cursor in top left, after bios splash screen.

I even tried putting Vcore right up to 1.4 and still couldnt get past this point.

Then I dropped it to 44x and tried the same, couldnt get past blink again..

Why is it happy at 43 with such low volts but hates everything else :(

Should I adjust ram voltage at this speed?

Man of Honour
How far up did you knock the voltage? My 2500k does 4.6 (it did 4.8 but it was too hot) but it does require a fair chunk of voltage. Sadly I can't remember how much off the top of my head.

Soldato
Are you using the latest BIOS?

Have you set your memory up manually in the BIOS?

What have you enabled and disabled in the BIOS to date and what voltages have you tried?

I use the C45 and can get my CPU to ~5GHz but prefer a running my system with minimum volts at 4.4GHz. I only mention this as i've set up a couple of these boards and the board has not been the limiting factor with a clock - it's always been the CPU.

You may have an unlucky chip but with a bit of tweaking ~4.4GHz may be attainable - but don't worry if it wont hit 4.5 as you wont miss 200MHz in every day usage.

Permabanned
Up the voltage more. Its not for 24/7 use is it? you use the offset hopefully like i do so the voltage will only go up when its under heavy load.

Back
Top Bottom