• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2500k vs Rysen?

Caporegime
haha wait for actual reviews for many things hype train is in full effect.

it is pretty obvious though any ryzen will be a lot faster than a 2500k now.

Soldato
Remember ryzen is only beating intel in that specific bench test thats been revealed. Another site has tested its gaming performance and video compression to show ryzen atleast 20% slower than the equivalent intel cpu.
Looks like amd cherry picking certain benchmarks to get the hype train rolling

Soldato
Remember ryzen is only beating intel in that specific bench test thats been revealed. Another site has tested its gaming performance and video compression to show ryzen atleast 20% slower than the equivalent intel cpu.

Link to other site please? :)

Soldato
I have a horrible feeling were going to see Ryzen fall over when the full reviews come out. I reckon its still going to be 75% of the performance for 50% of the price though. Hope im wrong though, i really want to replace my 2600k with something.

Soldato

Links to your source please?

Soldato

On the contrary, you are cherry picking an old low clock engineering sample leak which is considerably slower and more buggy than the actual processors they are going to sell.

Soldato
Similarly wondering if I should sell my 8 month old i5-6600k and motherboard and upgrade to a ryzen 7? What kind of price differential would I be looking at from selling to buying?

Alternatively I could keep an eye out for a 6700k being sold cheaply by someone upgrading.

Soldato
Is there any proof this is not just pure BS?

Looks a bit fishy to me. . .

Its from Hexus - the numbers are the ones AMD have provided inserted into a graph of scores from their CPU reviews:
http://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/102691-amd-officially-announces-ryzen-7-cpus/

As a recap, the blue bars represent HEXUS numbers run last week; the orange bars are AMD-provided numbers on its own systems. Note that our Intel results match-up pretty well to what AMD published.

Back
Top Bottom