27-inch iMac

Associate
My wife want to buy a new iMac for her business. She is a designer so mainly using inDesign, Photoshop and illustrator. She wants the 27 inch version and I can see that there is a

3.0GHz 6-Core Processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz with Radeon Pro 570X for £1749

or a

3.1GHz 6-Core Processor with Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz with Radeon Pro 575X for £1949

We are not sure which one to go for. Is the better graphics card mainly for video editing and gaming?

I would be looking to upgrade RAM myself after purchase which ever model we go for.

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks

Soldato
Internal storage is where I’d spend the extra cash, while it’s ‘upgradeable’ after the fact it’s really isn’t. If you are really competent it can be done but it involves taking the screen off and is rather difficult, there is a huge risk of breaking it. You can also say goodbye to any warranty.

Soldato
RAM can be upgraded by normal humans, SSD/HDD not so much.

As the poster above pointed out, there are many ways to mess up your expensive iMac trying this.

Options are:

1. Embrace the wallet pain of paying 3-4 times what storage would cost on a PC to future proof it.

2. Investigate external SATA options.

Back
Top Bottom