2700X install

Associate
I'm after some help an a Ryzen 2700X install

On the CPU there is one cable for the CPU_FAN and two cables in the boxes - one I think was marked USB on one end and the other is just a black socket with 4 holes....not to sound thick but where do these go on the motherboard as nothing was in the instructions for it and I'm new on the whole RGB lighting etc.

I've got an Asus Prime X470-Pro board if that helps provides some feedback

Thanks

Associate
Well i would connect cpu_fan to the cpu fan connector and the fan will work, don't know about the other cables..

for instance here is mine below i have done a picture.

My two cents, i really have no clue about your other cables.

I would just connect the cpu fan cable to cpu fan on the motherboard and call it a day, because your cpu cooler will work fine even though i have not helped you to figure out where the other cables go, i would leave them unconnected.

Most motherboard are like the same where cpu_fan lives on the motherboard, my motherboard is the gigabyte x470 aorus gaming 7 wifi and the layout of this motherboard is below.

37408108_10156564832102375_2118148669181001728_o.jpg

Soldato
Connect the cpu fan cable to the cpu header on the board.

I would try with just the USB connector (Internal usb connector at the bottom of the board) if you want the RGB as the motherboard one might interfere with it as Asus has it's own 'Aura' RGB thing.

Then download the RGB illumination control software from the link below (On Cooler Master website)

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/cpu-cooler-solution

Back
Top Bottom