• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2900XT

Associate
My 2900XT seems slower after overclocking when I go to 800/900, seems to run OK, i.e not crashing or anything, but the framerate is slower in DIRT and 3Dmark06.
I would say a good 8 fps slower.
Used ATI gpuoverclocking tool.
Would this be due to my Antec TruPower 550w not being able to supply enough juice when overclocked?
Its not the end of the world just wondered really.
am using two six pins to power it.

Soldato
Banny said:
My 2900XT seems slower after overclocking when I go to 800/900, seems to run OK, i.e not crashing or anything, but the framerate is slower in DIRT and 3Dmark06.
I would say a good 8 fps slower.
Used ATI gpuoverclocking tool.
Would this be due to my Antec TruPower 550w not being able to supply enough juice when overclocked?
Its not the end of the world just wondered really.
am using two six pins to power it.
Do you have any way to measure the 12v voltage? Is it getting hot, throttling maybe?

Soldato
This is a complete stab in the dark, but has the pci-e lanes changed from 16 to 8 or 1? This could be due to other forms of overclocking which you may have done around the same time.

Back
Top Bottom