• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

£299 for this ??

Associate
Just fitted MSI GTX1060 Gaming X yesterday and all seemed ok ran all MSI & Geforce add on extras etc , GPU checks show card installed ok and off i went just web browsing.
After approx 10 minutes monitor screen goes black, power still shows on PC & monitor with constant flickering in and out of black and slightly lighter black screen with message saying

Press DEL or F2 to enter setup

No matter what i press screen won't change so after few minutes need switch system off reboot and off i go again until same thing happens either few minutes later or even after a hour of browsing.

Played Witcher 3 for 2 hours last night and all ok but again its now almost 3pm today first time using PC and again it's doing the cutting out black screen with Press DEL or F2 to enter setup ( which can't do )

Any ideas , nothing else changed just my new card installed and then checked and installed again and still same issue where should i turn to for help

Associate
Try again without any extras such as afterburner and the msi gaming app. That app seriously messes with my card. Had to remove it.

Associate
OP
thanks for replies , Im bit of novice at upgrading/fitting anything other than cards or RAM so wouldn't attempt any overclocking.

At original install I downloaded the latest driver available rather than one on the CD.

This online session is now about 40 minutes since logged on and no cut out.
as for the Gaming APP do you mean just remove it via control panel uninstall or do i need remove card and install everything from scratch minus the APP ?

Soldato
I'm gonna suggest the obvious possibility that you just got a faulty unit...

Of course it isn't expected that you paid £299 for something that does that :) Cheer up, see if it persists, and if so submit a return request for replacement.

Last edited:
Associate
thanks for replies , Im bit of novice at upgrading/fitting anything other than cards or RAM so wouldn't attempt any overclocking.

At original install I downloaded the latest driver available rather than one on the CD.

This online session is now about 40 minutes since logged on and no cut out.
as for the Gaming APP do you mean just remove it via control panel uninstall or do i need remove card and install everything from scratch minus the APP ?

Just uninstall the app via control panel it would be enough. If everything is fine for a while you could re-install it to see if that's the cause. It caused havoc with my card so I don't use it anymore. :)

I can't play battlefield 1 beta with afterburner running either even without overclocking as I get a black screen and have to reboot the pc. Without afterburner, everything is fine.

I put that down to being a beta though.

Soldato
The sudden black screen thing is a really hard one to diagnose. In my experience it's usually bad drivers or unstable boost clocks. Some people also say they get it on windows 10 but not windows 7, so there could be something else as play.

For unstable clocks you can "fix" it by modding the BIOS and enabling the boost limit on the card. Other than that, RMAing it is the only other thing you can do. It's a pretty common issue on factory OCed nvidia cards it seems :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom