2nd hand graphics

Associate
Hi all,

What are your thoughts on buying 2nd hand? I was going to buy a 3060 but i could get a 6700xt for the same money 2nd hand. Anyone had experience with this?

Ta

Associate
It will not have warranty so always a risk, but obviously you get more for your money. If the card was not beaten its not particularly fail prone component, so may be worth it.
If decide to buy it, test it thoroughly for errors or overheating and you should be fine

Reactions: sg0
Soldato
Just remember if you buy 2nd hand then do not expect any warranty as most of the time this is not transferable and if a fault develops you would need to go through the original owner

I have never gone 2nd hand for GPUs

Associate
If you can get a deal at the place that gives you 24 months warranty, and you feel it's still a good deal with the extra you will pay, why not.

If you are buying it with no warranty I'd want to stick to the rule, buy cheap, buy twice, and with GPUs that just isn't a thing any more.

Associate
Are you suggesting the used gpu market is dead? I've had plenty of interest in all my used gpus(1080ti/2080ti/3080/3090)
That's a leap, no I'm suggesting that if you are buying used, you are probably not flush with money to burn. the discount for second hand GPUs with no warranty for someone that can't afford it to fail doesn't seem worth it, however small the risk.

Associate
That's a leap, no I'm suggesting that if you are buying used, you are probably not flush with money to burn. the discount for second hand GPUs with no warranty for someone that can't afford it to fail doesn't seem worth it, however small the risk.
Yes, fully agree on that to be fair.

Associate
Just had a look a no warranty 6700xt seems to be between £200-250, with 24 months £290 and brand new £340.

I'd never touch one at that price with no warranty, if you really must save the £50 over new at least you have some protection with the 24 months

Back
Top Bottom