2x 780GTX's in SLI with a 4790K CPU Not at full use help

Good idea but he wants to keep it long term for a spare… Maybe I should offer him one of the 780’s and a bit of cash?
Thanks
Doubt he'll go for that knowing the 780 is loosing support but checking driver the 780 does nt loose it till August 31, 2021 which seems strange that its a driver issuie affecting your 780

Did you try a single card 780.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5202

Doubt he'll go for that knowing the 780 is loosing support but checking driver the 780 does nt loose it till August 31, 2021 which seems strange that its a driver issuie affecting your 780

Did you try a single card 780.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5202
Yes I did. The usage was showing at 100% but just slow… I do think it’s the small amount of vram on these cards that slows it all down.

Anyways temp fix with the new to me RX480.
Thanks

It sounded all good at the time which it was but the long term support from it just got less every year. Oh well we live and learn.
SLI is good in theory (.......) for a lot of reasons:

• Allows incremental upgrades without having to throw out your old card
  • Can be very cost effective by letting you buy the best value cards and outperform a single high end card
  • Can give the best outright performance
Sadly it also has a lot of risks/flaws:
  • Relies on game / driver support
  • Heat / power consumption
  • Potential VRAM limitations
  • Motherboard compatibility (e.g. reduced PCI-E lane speeds)
Get your cards on ebay whilst they are still worth something innit.

SLI is good in theory (.......) for a lot of reasons:

• Allows incremental upgrades without having to throw out your old card
  • Can be very cost effective by letting you buy the best value cards and outperform a single high end card
  • Can give the best outright performance
Sadly it also has a lot of risks/flaws:
  • Relies on game / driver support
  • Heat / power consumption
  • Potential VRAM limitations
  • Motherboard compatibility (e.g. reduced PCI-E lane speeds)
Get your cards on ebay whilst they are still worth something innit.

Very well explained. Thank you.
I’ll take a look at ebay and see how much they are going for. If not they are nice looking cards they might end up in my man cave on a display shelf.

Thanks for the effort. I hadn’t look yet but that’s alright. I paid £250 per card back then as far as I can remember so that’s a decent return.
I always get a bit nervous about selling stuff like that on eBay with all the “it arrived not working” rubbish that goes on. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom