2x360 Radiator recommendation please

Associate
so i have been set on getting the middle EKWB radiator but since the last ones i have (240mm) had the pre-installed extenders came loose when i cleaned them out and would never go back in straight i have been looking at the rads on OCUK and there are plenty of which it seems the EKWB ones are pretty pricey compared to.

so can you suggest radiator for me please? they will be going in a parvum r1 at the bottom. what do i need to look out for with a mind on types of metal?

Soldato
No question, Hardware Labs Blace Ice Nemesis. Slim and optimised for low fan speeds (therefore quiet). Come top in most benchmarks. They do run a bit wider than standard though, so check you have width to take.

Associate
OP
Thank for the advice. I was more concerned with price range r than performance as i imagine most 360mm radiators with be pretty close performance wise. But the prices on OCUK go from 30 to 100 quid

Soldato
I don't think space is a problem in that case so you can just have a look at the comparison tables on extremerigs and try to get one that's good for your budget. HWLabs for the top choice though, not exactly cheap so alphacool or similar might be more in your price range.

Don't compromise to save £30 or so though, you will regret it against the amount you've invested in the rest.

Man of Honour
Thank for the advice. I was more concerned with price range r than performance as i imagine most 360mm radiators with be pretty close performance wise. But the prices on OCUK go from 30 to 100 quid

Performance varies massively between radiators and even more so when you factor in fan speed, push/pull. Have a look at extreme rigs radiator roundup to get a idea on variation.

Associate
OP
I want a as quiet as possible and with only 2 components to cool I should easily be able to achieve this? The 3 cheapest radiators OCUK do from 35 to 50 quid, are they really bad? Checking extreme rigs suggests one of them is better than all the other radiators OCUK do when at the lowest fan speeds in just push.

And the EKWB ones seem to be awful for the price they sit at...

Soldato
I want a as quiet as possible and with only 2 components to cool I should easily be able to achieve this? The 3 cheapest radiators OCUK do from 35 to 50 quid, are they really bad? Checking extreme rigs suggests one of them is better than all the other radiators OCUK do when at the lowest fan speeds in just push.

And the EKWB ones seem to be awful for the price they sit at...

Get the Mayhems rads direct from him.

Associate
OP
+1

Its not all just about price you know.

With Ek your paying for name (Not that means much from them recently but that's just my viewpoint)
Tbh mate I have 3 240s from EKWB and 2 of them have had the extension ports come loose when i was cleaning them out and now won't go back in straight so cause a leak.

And I am beginning to feel the same. The cpu block has some microwave cracks in It as well, maybe I over tightened it? No leaks from that though.

When I get the case I'll be getting the rads and cpu block as well. Might even need a pump.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Lol the EKs I was going to buy are closer to 90 quid each...

So that's radiators sorted then. Shame ocuk don't sell them though.

Associate
OP
They only have the primed red ones in stock :(

I told them I can wait as I won't be doing it for at least 2 months. Checking other places for them and they are 50 quid each instead of 30...

Associate
I am looking for 2x 360 rads I have 1 magicool it seems ok to me, the mahems ones are 63mm thick so need a lot of space considering you will probably need push pull on a rad that thick that would make an assembly of 113 ignoring fittings.

It would be good if they did a 40 thick rad.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
its pretty low FPI though so should be fine in just push. there is enough room for 90mm in the case im getting. most fans are 25mm so its reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom