£3,000 fine for barking dog owners

Capodecina
Soldato
BBC Online said:
The owners of a Jack Russell that kept neighbours awake with its "continuous" barking, have been fined almost £3,000. Cardiff council said it recorded 1,350 barks in a 45 minute period, which is about one bark every two seconds. (LINK)
One of our inconsiderate neighbours puts out their wee dog last thing at night and every morning at about 6AM - it yaps incessantly. During the week it acts as an alarm clock but at weekends and in the evening it is incredibly annoying. I have never been able to pinpoint where it is but perhaps I will make more of an effort following this case.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Are you asking if it's OK to kill someone's pet as long as you eat it?
Actually, that seemed to be Colonel_Klinck's suggestion.

Personally, I believe that if in the 21st Century, in a supposedly civilised, crowded country, people cannot manage / control their dog's anti-social behaviour, they should not be allowed to keep a dog.

Endless barking while others are trying to sleep or relax and allowing dogs to foul public spaces seems to me to characterise a failure to cope with dog ownership.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
I have no objections to people keeping their pets under control, or the requirement thereof.

I do think that deliberately killing someone's pet is even more antisocial than the examples thus far of "out-of-control" pet owners.

Esp when we know there are some sickos here who would enjoy killing the animal and would do it as a first resort rather than a last resort.
I categorically oppose the idea of killing ANY pet.

However, I equally oppose people's "pets" killing wild birds; ALL cats should be fitted with collars containing a bell. If they are in the habit of bringing in injured or dead birds as gifts for their doting owners, they should be kept indoors - permanently.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
My little puss-cat is an indoor girl. She does get to go out multiple times a day on a lovely pink sequined harness, whereby she can gaze longingly at all the pigeons and blackbirds, but strictly on a "look don't touch" basis. Some of the songbirds like to play chicken by landing next to her; if they end up dead it's utterly their own fault!
Yes, I suspect that some people would feel much the same if your defalcating little puss-cat found its way into their garden.

Back
Top Bottom