3 days break in Europe, Barcelona?

Soldato
Public transport is easy in Barcelona. You can buy books of tickets at the airport and just use them on the underground, which serves everywhere.

I think its a good choice for three days. Rome might also have cheap flights (as they're plentiful) and that's got lots to see and do with decent enough weather in October.

Associate
I stayed in the Torre Catalunya in Sants which was dead easy to get to from the airport

It's a bit away from the centre, but we like walking and the metro is cheap and easy

If you go to the sagrada familia, buy the tickets online at least a day before. Same as well for the Park Guell. You can get into the park itself for free, but can't get to the entry-fee inner park unless you have a ticket. After failing to gain entry we went to the Gaudi museum in the park...basically his house, and it was a bit rubbish

We went to the Nou Camp which was good, and I'm not really that interested in football

We ended up going to La Pau that was interesting for its Gaudi esque architecture

What someone said above, don't avoid the down-at-heel looking street cafes. We went to a couple of real good ones

Associate
Barcelona is a wretched dump.

If you want a proper cultural holiday, come join us in the south west of France. See what proper living is about. Nobody locks their doors, everyone knows everyone, good local produce etc etc...

City breaks are for boring people.

Soldato
Barcelona is a wretched dump.

If you want a proper cultural holiday, come join us in the south west of France. See what proper living is about. Nobody locks their doors, everyone knows everyone, good local produce etc etc...

City breaks are for boring people.

Standard expat response.

Back
Top Bottom