£3 in it - Neo2 FR or P35C-DS3R

Associate
any ideas what is better an MSI Neo2 FR P35 or Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R
only £3 difference
Can't see why i would need the DDR3 support that gigabyte offers.
Going into a lianLi V1000+ with e2160, tagan 580W PSU, Radeon 3650, GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400C4 800MHz Black Dragon DDR2

Any other ideas?

Mul

Mul

Associate
Having recommended both in the past, they're both excellent. The MSI's got better NB cooling and a slightly better feature set including ATi Crossfire. The MSI doesn't get as much attention as it should and in my opinion it's a very capable board that overclocks very well too.

They're both quite similar in general but I'd probably sway towards the MSI, purely due to it's northbridge cooling and it's aesthetics as performance, overclocking/vdroop wise, they aren't too different. Can't go wrong with either.

Soldato
+1 for the MSI. My brothers is very good, excellent clocker, stable, and a very good layout, none of this asus rubbish;) Plus the boards troubleshooting is top notch, leds to identify different problems.

Soldato
Had a DS3R die on me, and rather than wait for replacement I got a MSI P35 platinum.

Both are great boards. The only thing I miss from the gigabyte is the number of SATA connectors.

Back
Top Bottom