30 series, so many options!!

Associate
Hi there!
So, I'm potentially looking to grab a 30 series card for my wee fella and am quite confused by all the variety.
I'm quite new to master-race (2 years) and would like some help.
My budget is £300-500ish.
I'm not entirely sure if my current set-up could run all of the 30 series cards and am struggling with all of the terms and options.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 6/12
Motherboard: ASRock B460 Phantom Gaming 4
RAM: 32 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB)

Thanks in advance =)

Using OcUK as a reference.....
  • 3060Ti - ~£400
  • 3070 - £500-550
  • 3070Ti - ~£650
  • 3080 - ~£800
  • 3080Ti - ~£1,100
The 3060Ti/3070 usually fell under the best bang for buck so either one of those. What games/resolution does your boy like to game on? I believe the 3070 is about 10-20% faster than the 3060Ti.

PS - welcome to the forum :).

Last edited:
Using OcUK as a reference.....
  • 3060Ti - ~£400
  • 3070 - £500-550
  • 3070Ti - ~£650
  • 3080 - ~£800
  • 3080Ti - ~£1,100
The 3060Ti/3070 usually fell under the best bang for buck so either one of those. What games/resolution does your boy like to game on? I believe the 3070 is about 10-20% faster than the 3060Ti.

PS - welcome to the forum :).
Oh TYVM!
Mostly Rocket League which is low-end on graphics, but FPS is needed for an edge.
(When I said 'wee fella' I meant my PC btw lol)

RDR2 story I play often, crazy how that game has capabilities of high-end graphics but no-one seems to be able to play it at them lol.
Helldivers, Gloomhaven, Halo are some other regulars.
I do a bit of music production, coding, and am starting to get in to game design.
1080p mostly
But would be nice to play future games at 1440.

Last edited:
I was leaning towards the 3070.
Then found out there are 50 or so versions of it nowadays.
Anyone know of any 'definitely nots' or 'top 5' options and reasons for them?

Bahahahahaha - sorry about that, totally thought you meant a son. I would lean towards a 3070 (have one myself) if you want a bit more 1440p futureproofing.

Unsure about AIBs (3rd party designed options with usually more performance and cooling, at a price) but the stock nVidia 3070 Founders Edition (FE) is a decent and the cheapest option as with all their FE cards.

If your budget stretches, suggest the 3070FE. Unfortunately you need a minimum post count for entry but another option is the second hand market in OcUK's Members Market.

Edit - have also messaged you separately.

Last edited:
Bahahahahaha - sorry about that, totally thought you meant a son. I would lean towards a 3070 (have one myself) if you want a bit more 1440p futureproofing.

Unsure about AIBs (3rd party designed options with usually more performance and cooling, at a price) but the stock nVidia 3070 Founders Edition (FE) is a decent and the cheapest option as with all their FE cards.

If your budget stretches, suggest the 3070FE. Unfortunately you need a minimum post count for entry but another option is the second hand markets in OcUK's Members Market.
lol yeh no problem
I saw how it was a little misleading
hmmmm... so i should start creating witty and insightful posts all over the forums ay?
I've heard that 2nd hand GPU buying is pretty risky though.
How to trust seller etc?
Is there a 'trust score' on the market?

lol yeh no problem
I saw how it was a little misleading
hmmmm... so i should start creating witty and insightful posts all over the forums ay?
I've heard that 2nd hand GPU buying is pretty risky though.
How to trust seller etc?
Is there a 'trust score' on the market?
Yeah OcUK MM is a safe place, there is a trust system (every purchase or sale gives both sides to score the other positively, neutrally or negatively). So for example, I have 39 positive ratings + 1 neutral (doh). And just to give you an example of recent second hand pricing....
  • 3080Ti - £700
  • 3080 - £460
  • 3070 - £380
You obviously won't get a warranty (some still have some left once in a blue moon) but I personally think it's worth the risk if the price is right. And there is a dispute system for a little more assurance.

And yes you better get posting, fortunately this forum is huge and has a great community behind it. However I didn't realise the minimum post count is now 1,000 :eek: for MM access. Rules, info etc can be found here.

Last edited:
Yeah OcUK MM is a safe place, there is a trust system (every purchase or sale gives both sides to score the other positively, neutrally or negatively). So for example, I have 39 positive ratings + 1 neutral (doh). And just to give you an example of recent second hand pricing....
  • 3080Ti - £700
  • 3080 - £460
  • 3070 - £380
You obviously won't get a warranty (some still have some left once in a blue moon) but I personally think it's worth the risk if the price is right. And there is a dispute system for a little more assurance.

And yes you better get posting, fortunately this forum is huge and has a great community behind it. However I didn't realise the minimum post count is now 1,000 :eek: for MM access. Rules, info etc can be found here.
A 1000 and there was me thinking when I hit 250 I was gonna see what all the hype was about!
never mind best come back in another 3 years

Hi there!
So, I'm potentially looking to grab a 30 series card for my wee fella and am quite confused by all the variety.
I'm quite new to master-race (2 years) and would like some help.
My budget is £300-500ish.
I'm not entirely sure if my current set-up could run all of the 30 series cards and am struggling with all of the terms and options.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 6/12
Motherboard: ASRock B460 Phantom Gaming 4
RAM: 32 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB)

Thanks in advance =)
Well, first of all, congratulations on your new system! It looks like you have a great foundation for a gaming set-up. For your budget, the 30 Series cards are definitely an option. The 30 Series cards are NVIDIA's newest cards and offer great performance. They are also quite expensive, so it's important to make sure that your system can handle the card you choose. Given your current set-up, you should be able to run the 30 Series cards without any issues. The only thing you might need to upgrade is your power supply, as the 30 Series cards require more power than the 1050 Ti. As for which card to choose, that depends on what type of games you want to play and how much you are willing to spend. The RTX 3060 and RTX 3070 are great cards for gaming and should give you good performance for your budget. They are also relatively affordable compared to the higher-end cards like the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090. If you plan on doing any video editing or other graphics-intensive tasks, you might want to look into the RTX 3080 or RTX 3090. These cards offer much better performance than the 3060 or 3070, but they also come at a higher price tag. I hope this helps and good luck with your build!

Back
Top Bottom